Monday 6 February 2017

Monday, Monday.

Not so good for me and my plans !  Very strong winds, strong enough to blow me over.

So no walk today. (and Pat it was too strong to go down to the shedudio. But I will get you the info on the 'ground' soon.)

Instead I arranged to meet a friend at the Museum of Scottish Lighthouses.  


Coffee in the cafe.  AKA Stevensons tea room.

I and the Museum go back many years.  When the DP and I ran a b&b we sent many a guest to the Museum.  It was one of the few places that remained open all year round.  We had tourists all year round.

On my retirement I became more involved and organised the kids (and parents, aunties, uncles, a nursery !) into craft activities at the Museum.



Which sometimes involved me and the other volunteers into dressing up.  This was our most successful Pirate themed activity session.  We had over 70 kids in plus their extended families !

The DP also became involved as a wedding photographer.


I also worked in the Museum shop.  Which I really enjoyed.


I subsequently became a trustee and then vice chair of the trustees.

But, as I said in another post, nothing stays the same.  New faces came along and mine no longer fitted.  

But every so often I visit and upset a few people!

Today I took some photographs.


I was taking a photo of the rainbow.  But a plus - I got the reflection of Kinnaird Head and the new lighthouse !

I also took a video of a boat out at sea.  Sorry about the ending. But you get the picture.


Quite a good Monday after all.

Tomorrow - well the electric company are switching our area off from 9 a.m. til 4 p.m.  The DP and I will be unavailable.

2 comments:

rusty duck said...

We had the electric meter replaced yesterday. It's amazing how much you need electricity for, when you don't have it.

Lyssa Medana said...

I think it's sad when faithful friends of somewhere like the museum are no longer at its heart but I'm glad you can still go back. x