Saturday 1 October 2016

Proper Dawn

Now that Summer is almost over we have a proper dawn.  In that the Dawn Patroller can go for a walk at a reasonable time (tho not for me) 5 - 6 a.m.


The best time to see, and photograph, the local wild life.


Whooper Swans. Also arrive at this time of year to overwinter here.


Pheasants we have year round.  Although we have noticed this year a reduction in numbers.  And no sign of any young ones.  Hope (?) Ptolemy is surviving this dearth Jessica.

This delightful puss we viewed at a later hour while having dinner.


Although the same colour as our Sith, Sith was snoring in the sitting room.


My time for going oot and aboot is after lunch.  It generally takes me at least two hours to come round and get washed and dressed.  Up at 8 the DP brings me breakfast, toast, rhubarb and ginger jam.  A Cappucino.  So after lunch is when I go out, drive to the beach and record the wildlife.






The long way back to the car.  I sometimes wonder how I do it.


Tonight we have lit the wood burner but have had to also switch on the liquid gold burner.  It is freezing.  Tomorrow will be misty.  But when I venture out sunny, warm and no wind.  Proper Dawn !

2 comments:

rusty duck said...

Now that you mention it, I have noticed fewer pheasants around. To be honest, any male pheasant in the garden is Ptolemy because I can't usually tell them apart. There's probably been several by now that answer to the name!

BadPenny said...

Super photos. We had a local game keeper rear hundreds of baby pheasants in the field behind our house. Some escaped & Billy had a feast. Sad to think they will be released just to be shot though will be on the shooters dinner table I suppose.