Monday 16 November 2015

Christmas ..

For the first time in my life I am actually sorted for Christmas.  I am not going to share with you what I have sorted as those who are more directly concerned might see.  

However.  The Dawn Patroller and I decided to replace our very wonky standard lamp in the sitting room as a Christmas present to each other.

Every time I switched the wonky one on I feared there would be a crackle and a fizz and I would be no more.

The Dawn Patroller was therefore on a quest to find a suitable replacement.  Visiting various emporiums and returning with photographs.  Which I deleted.  Apart from......

......This one was very
much on the top of the list.

Bit different. No animal had been harmed. Deer drop their antlers every year.  BUT it was rather a lot of money.

So, the eventual purchase was made and we were both pleased.


And we do not have to wait till December 25th. 

So this evening we sit bathed in the glow and feeling good.  

Until he said, 

"Its very War of the Worlds isn't it?"

The Dawn Patroller now known as  the Grinch.

1 comment:

BadPenny said...

I was thinking more tripod for a photographer ! Love it. I was ranting about our electrics last night.