Friday 28 October 2011

I thought I had retired.

Yesterday the Best of Banffshire and Buchan Bed and Breakfasts met here at our house.
Despite the fact we have retired from offering B&b I am still secretary of the group. Mainly as no-one else wants to do it.

This is some of the group when we had one of our familiarisation jaunts - this one to Pitmedden Gardens - back in September.

Main topic on the agenda was the Christmas Lunch. To be honest it is the main topic on the agenda starting in January and carrying on the whole of the year.

We have decided on a venue. That decision usually takes six months.
Now for everyone to select from the menu.
I then book the venue and tell them the menu choices. Sounds simple. Oh no.
It does not matter how varied the choices are on the hotel's menu there will be so many variations requested on what is on offer I wouldn't let us through the door.
Gluten free, dairy free, no gravy, no dessert..... it is a nightmare for me. I am the one who has to grovel and ask, "Will it be alright if?"

Then will come the post mortem in January before we start again....



The field across the road from us has had lots of curlews feeding. This is a first for me. I have only seen them in books till now.

Fortunately not on the menu, boiled, roasted or grilled.

No comments: