Wednesday, 1 March 2017

Laughter and Tears.

The DP had his hearing test today.  As was expected he is joining me and having hearing aids.  So we will not be fighting over the volume control on the t.v. any more !

After that we went to the Esplanade for a walk.

A beautiful day with little wind.  Although the sea said otherwise.


At the other end of the beach -


The tide was going out.

On our return home it was down to the shed and painting.  In between I watched the birds feeding.  Thrilled to bits to see the Greenfinch have returned.  They are susceptible to some
avian disease and I was concerned we had lost them all.

This morning I cancelled my hair appointment.  I have no idea whether leaning back into a sink at the hair dressers is a no no.  Nor do I know whether I should drive or not. Walk or not.  How long I should take the pain killers before I become addicted. etc. etc.

So I decided to phone the doctors.  Having heard nothing from them.

Apparently a letter had been sent to me on Monday ?  The first appointment with the doctor who referred me for the x ray 23rd March. Really.......... I can however phone at 8 a.m. tomorrow morning and see if there is anything. If not I can have a  telephone appointment when my GP will phone me at 4.55 p.m. tomorrow.  So I booked that but was also told to phone at 8 a.m. to see if there were any appointment face to face. I will try for that and get continuous engaged and then be told all appointments gone no doubt.   

A friend advised me to cry on the phone.  I did cry - after I switched the phone off.

Sith cat with the DP.  Glaring at me.  How do you explain to a cat you can't pick him up.  Or perhaps I can - but I don't know whether I can or not....


SandyExpat said...

You have a beautiful place to walk. Love seeing your photos. Thank you.

I have not lived in the U.K. for a long time now but your medical treatment is really shameful. This is the National Health System? To me this is zero care. So sorry that this is happening to you.


Anonymous said...

My Dear, I am so sorry you are going thu the same thing as I am. It is horrible being old with brittle bones!
I am sitting here now one month after my L1 fracture. I had an MRI finally on Feb 27 and found out the fracture went from mild to severe over the month. I also have severe problems in the L5-S1 that nobody mentioned. My Sweetie has to take the XRays and CD of the MRI to the Dr's office 30 miles away tomorrow for review to see when HE will see me...this is healthcare more and more in the USA. And we have Medicare Advantage thru the state of Texas retirement system!
I wish you well and healing and wish I could walk with you on your trips to the sea.


C M Flower said...

So it's not just me that Sith likes to sit on like that! I was worried he'd never talk to me again after my surgery!