Thursday 12 October 2017

Weather

Do we not always talk about the weather?  Well today was most odd.  First thing the sun was shining.  Then it became darker and darker.  And so still.  Most odd.

I went out and drove to the beach.  Chariot out and off I go.





The Gull gang were back.

Great Black Backed Gull, Oystercatchers, Blackheaded Gulls, young Herring Gulls.



These Oystercatchers had decided it was time for sleep.



And this one.  Well I was stumped.  



Right.  So on my return the DP identified it as  a young Kittiwake.  A first for me.  Normally a cliff dweller.  So why it was on the beach along with Blackheaded Gulls I know not.  Seemed quite happy though.


A Great Black Backed Gull.  Quite a bruiser he looks.


I finally captured one of our Robins midway through his very loud song.


Started a watercolour painting of a Robin, possibly for this years Christmas Card, yawn.


And on the way back to the house from the shedudio photographed this Canna Lily flower, despite the leaves looking dead was bursting forth.  Isn't nature just wonderful.

Work, lots of, continues on the FASE4 Art Exhibition.  I have done all the media publicity.  All the invites to the preview are out.  Now I have to decide what I am entering to the exhibition.  

2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

As usual your seabird photographs are beautiful. Good luck with the exhibition.

Scarlet said...

The photograph of the robin is beautiful.