Tuesday 3 October 2017

Trying....

...very hard to be cheerful.

Windy yet again.  Actually managed some ironing today, must be years since I did any of that.  But actually investing in some new clothing, not from Tesco, was disgusted to find that when washed they needed ironing.  Shock horror.

Lots of typing and printing off . Once I had sworn at and replaced every expensive ink cartridges on the printer after cleaning the printer heads.  It did say this will use ink, well it did, all of it.

Our young Starlings are all displaying Mohican hair cuts.




As they grow their adult feathers.

So 



The Puffin just needs something to stand on .

The evening drew in.  I went to light the wood burner, turn on the t.v. to watch previously recorded programmes, so we can zap through the adverts and got the message 'initialising your sky box give it a few moments' or some such - after half an hour the DP disconnected everything, turned it back on and we had lift off or rather wind down.  What a boring flat day.  Tomorrow the wind is due to be 30 mph gusting to 40.  I tell you this if you see on your evening news 68 year old woman is blown into the North Sea it will be me.  I am off out for my walk.  So there.

3 comments:

BadPenny said...

Don't blow away xx

kjsutcliffe said...

The wind here, at the moment, is nominal, but I suspect it is just the calm before the storm. The forecasted heavy rain later will probably bring more wind. My eldest son is on a uni jolly on the hills in the Lake District, so while you are being blown out to sea, I suspect he will be doing a good kite impression over some hill :D. I would really like a bit of blue sky, not worried about a autumnal nip in the air, but a little bit of sun would not go amiss!

Anonymous said...

I also have lots of juvenile starlings and they eat the nuts and suet candles non stop do they go away for the winter or stay here. I love reading your blog by the way.Marlene