Monday 9 October 2017

Having a wine down.

I am having a wee celebration.  I think I am finally on top of the long list of stuff I had to do for the FASE4 art exhibition.  All the invitations out for the preview evening.  All the publicity out to the local newspapers and radio.  Plus my daily onslaught on social media is paying off.  Still lots of tweaking to do and ends to tie but the bulk that two days ago was sending me into meltdown is done.

So off to the beach.


A glorious day.  Which of course meant lots of people and dogs and kids.  Kids were both sides of the Kessock Burn, so no Gull Gang.  The cooler weather and lack of strong winds has meant my doing the .59 of a mile walk without so many stops to regain breathing control.  All good.  Also did my pulmonary physio exercises and increased the amounts of some.  Without collapsing.

Home and down the shedudio.

Visitation from one of our young Great Spotted Woodpeckers.



Happy to see that we have a young male, red nape indicating so.  We also have a female who visits the feeders by the kitchen window.  All Black head.  They both have the red tummy.  This young male is quite happy for me to photograph him.  Unlike his Dad who just has to see me reach for the camera.


Total blur - he is off.

While down the shedudio I did my 3rd and final bit of bunting for the FASE 4 Community Challenge 'My Town'.  On seabirds we have here.


Redshanks and a Herring Gull (skurry).  I have done all 3 with pen and ink.  This has set me off to do more similar in pen and ink.  With a bit more concentration !  All 3 pennants were done one each afternoon, rushing again.  And I can see where I could have done better!  But a very enjoyable exercise.




Or is that me looking at them after a glass - or two - of wine......

3 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Those pennants look good :) they will look brilliant hanging up. Your weather is better than ours, we have had such a dull day. Still - it kept me indoors busy rather than wanting to 'play out'!

Tom Stephenson said...

Keep those pennants coming. They're really nice. You need a new welcome photo though. It looks like you have been tasered. Oh, and by the way - just to let you know - I stop commenting on people's blogs if they keep up the comment moderation stuff. You may not care, but I thought I would let you know.

Aril said...

Your bunting is gorgeous!
Arilx