Saturday 14 October 2017

Stress.

I am susceptible to stress related illness.  Put down to stress have been dermatitis, in my 20s.  High blood pressure in my 40s.  The latter led to me being retired on ill health grounds!  So I think the malaise I have now is stress related.  Just acknowledging that seems to have helped so I am back up again.  At least I can do some deep breathing.....

FASE 4 is now less than a week away.  What I do for the exhibition is largely unseen as it is all me sitting at the computer and connecting with exhibitors, publicity, et al.  Smoothing paths for invited guest artist and invited guest photographer.  Invitees to the Preview.  And the latest tearing my hair out is the rota for people to actually be there and do things.  The taking in of work, photographs, art work, the labelling, the hanging. etc. etc.  Catering.  Plus those who are doing things equally unseen having a rant.  The rota.  Has very few names on it.  Then one says Ooops double booked cant make it that day.  Hope its ok.  Well no it isnt.  Aaaaargh.

This afternoon I went to the Promenade.



I get out of the car, I have my camera, mobile phone and emergency inhaler in coat pockets.  I haul out the chariot.  Lock the car.  Walk to the railing and begin the deep breathing of the sea air.  Ignoring the car parked with diesel engine running..... Although I have been known to go up and ask them to switch the bloody engine off as I have lung problems.... Depends on my mood.

I then walk.



I so much enjoy seeing the birds perform their ablutions.  Their enjoyment of ducking their heads and flapping their wings in the water from the Kessock Burn.


Then the preening and sorting of feathers.





Then I noticed this.  There was evidence in the car park that there had been a Blackening.

Blackening is a traditional wedding custom performed in the days or weeks prior to marriages in rural areas of Scotland.[1]

The bride and/or groom are 'captured' by friends and family, covered in food, or a variety of other - preferably adhesive - substances, then paraded publicly for the community to see. Frequently, the couple are driven in the back of an open-backed truck, accompanied by the clattering and banging of pots and pans by the couple's 'captors'. There are no strict rules regarding the act of blackening itself, only that the couple must be rendered messy and uncomfortable, and that as many people as possible should witness the occasion.[
WIKEPEDIA.

Hopefully as the tide comes back in it will remove this.  So as I got back into the car I did the deep breathing again.  The car with the engine running had gone.  Just as well.  

2 comments:

Terra said...

I love the wild sea and beaches and I think it would help your breathing to breathe in the salty air. I walk along the bay every day and the air is so clean. I had never heard of "blackening" before, blogging is a great place to learn new things isn't it?

Lanniesmum said...

It is an offence fir which you may be fined to sit in your car with the engine idling. How do I know? We are demented with parents/mainly grandparents who artive at the school opposite about 40minutes early to nab a parking space as near the door as possible with the pollution needing me to close all our windows. The police confirmed this and the HT sends put frequent letter reminding people but to no avail once the colder weather comes!! Catriona