Thursday 5 October 2017

FASE4.

Fraserburgh Art Summer Exhibition.  aka FASE.  As the committee grow older the Summer Art exhibition will now be towards the end of October!....  But we are getting there. (Its FASE 4 because this is the fourth year, ok.)

Community Challenge was to make bunting depicting 'My Town.'




Most of the Brownies, Girl Guides, other community groups and schools are now involved.  But each one of the pennants has to be strung.....  So a practice run above.

Today was our last committee meeting before the launch on the 20th of the month when we take in all the exhibits.  Art and Photography.  Plus the hanging of same on that day.

In the evening is the Preview.  TESCO are providing the refreshments (to promote their Christmas range.)  We provide the booze and non alcoholic drinks.  I take my own supply and glass in the chariot... I have been caught out before... when we ran out of the red one year.



(The Horse painting and the Chicken round the corner you can just see were mine own.  Both now sold.)

I have still a mountain of work to do.  As I am crap at the physical stuff.  Even doing anything in a morning like taking work in , getting washed, dressed, etc.  So I do the computing, communicating etc.

I have every intention of having done all the mountain of clerical work before the 20th.  

Inviting the great and the good to the preview.  Particularly those who buy art and photographs.  Done the publicity, doing it online as we speak, but also the local papers and radio.  Drawing up the rota which is as always a bloody nightmare - weeks after people say, "Oh I could have helped."  after you have emailed everyone, begged and pleaded them to just come and smile at visitors and sell the odd raffle ticket.  

We have some wonderful raffle prizes.  Many of the local businesses have donated vouchers for their shops/restaurants/museums.  I am donating a painting!  Sits well with the butchers voucher, which I actually would swap for my painting.... Now there's a thought...

So onwards and upwards.

Back home after the meeting.  The DP and I went to look at the sea.  40 mph gusting to 50 I was told I was not getting out of the car.  So we came home.

I tacked down the shedudio.  It was so windy the bird feeders were swinging to horizontal.  Which meant the seeds were spilling on the ground.  Which was much safer for the birds!  To be on the ground.  







The forecast for tomorrow is - well I intend to go for my walk on The Prom.





5 comments:

Tom Stephenson said...

I have a feeling you employ comment moderation, never the less I will tell you that Fraserburgh make fine pneumatic air tools for chiselling granite.

Chris said...

Fab video....and with music too! I'm very impressed.

The Weaver of Grass said...

It is a lovely morning here - I hope it is with you too.

Grammy Braxton said...

Loved the video. The music was perfect. I just want to say how much I admire you for keeping on. As an RA sufferer, there are days when I can't get going because of pain. But I read your blog and there you are, getting on with it. You are an inspiration.

Hugs,
Sharon aka Grammy Braxton

crafty cat corner said...

Lovely little video,
Briony
x