Friday 27 October 2017

More on the weather.

Today it was windy.  I struggle to breathe when it is windy.  But I had arranged to meet my friend Mary this afternoon.



The building on the left is the cafe on Fraserburgh Beach Prom.  The photo taken by my friend Mark Grant was early in the morning and is shuttered.  The window shuttered on the left is the only window that has a view of the beach.  The architect should have been shot.  So - perched on very uncomfortable bar stools we looked out of the window.  Which is a mere slit.

My friend and I sorted out the preceding Visual Arts weekend we had had.  It is sometimes very satisfying on who we would both like to be hung, drawn and quartered.

My friend took the raffle prize of my painting to deliver to the winner.  I came home.

We are now into the season, of cold, wind, 45 mph tomorrow, but the plus is the fantastic sunsets.





I doubt I will be walking again on the Prom before Monday when allegedly the wind lessens.  So maybe some walking round shops tomorrow.  I need a pair of gloves.  Winter looms.  And this weekend the clocks go back and sunset is earlier......


3 comments:

Sue in Suffolk said...

Those sunsets are incredible

Chris said...

Brilliant sunsets, Jill. We rarely get such a treat when the sun goes down.

kjsutcliffe said...

what an amazing sunset - beautiful x