Wednesday 4 October 2017

To the Prom.

Was it windy?  You bet it was.  The wind speed was manageable until it suddenly gusted. At which point I wished the chariot had an anchor. 



The Harbour was packed with boats.  But this one ventured out -  and then went back in again.



There was quite a variety of birds today.



Turnstones.



Ringed Plover.




Redshank.



Black Headed Gulls.

A Pulmonary exercise day plus this fighting the wind walk has left me physically exhausted.  But dont it make you feel good.  I did it.  The gusts were allegedly 40 mph.....The DP hardly flinched, but then he carries a fair bit more weight than me.  Plus he is a far better photographer.


A Wheatear.  A bird in the hand.


Is worth two -  in the water.

3 comments:

Tom Stephenson said...

I yearn for your surroundings right now. Yearn, yearn, I do.

crafty cat corner said...

Love the glove picture, it looks like it has been trying to crawl its way up the beach and the bird has sat on it and stopped it from moving.
Well that's my silly mind for you. lol
Briony
x

Gail, northern California said...

Love the reflections of the Redshanks.