Sunday 8 October 2017

I do not like Sundays.

Never have.  When I was small it was being shunted off to Sunday School.  As I grew older it was a day to recover from a hangover.  Now it is the day of the weekly pill to stave off more of my bones crumbling.  Instead I spend the day feeling nauseous and not quite there/here.  Quite like a hangover actually.  Hey ho.

Managed to struggle through persuading people to person (gender friendly word!) the exhibition in 2 weeks time.  With some success.  Still a way to go tho.  Also discovered that the list of emails for inviting the great and the good to the preview evening when we hope they will buy some of the exhibited work was at least 5 years old and so my emails kept bouncing back as 'mail undeliverable.'

As a reward for my struggles I went to the Esplanade.



Not much wind.  Sunny, but cold.  



A Paddle Surfer waits for the wave.


Here it is.

There were Surfers in the sea too but further to the right.  



A smallish fishing boat.  Apparently the lobster fishing will stop soon.  As 'the trunks' are brought in.  Trunks being Doric for lobster creels.



And then the noisy jet skiers came.  No chance of any of the Gull Gang then.




So I came home.



Winters log pile delivered.



Redpolls back.  Goldfinches never leave.  They aren't daft.



And my second contribution to the Community Bunting.  Gannets.  All the Pennants I am doing are in pen and ink.  Which is quite a challenge as the ones I intend to do next have even more white than the Gannets.

So all in all Sunday didnt turn out so bad after all.

5 comments:

Sue in Suffolk said...

So lovely and blue up your way today

Chris said...

You kept busy, that's the main thing. I find Sundays drag unless I have lots to do!

Terra said...

You are creating beautiful pennants.

crafty cat corner said...

I just dislike the weekend full stop. I never thought I would say this but its because my routine is thrown out. I've always like to be random but as I age I prefer things in place each day.
Loving the pendants.
Briony
x

kjsutcliffe said...

You've managed to get loads done on Sunday - I on the other hand failed at that! I do have, however, left over from the weekend, a healthy 'list of to-do-lists' waiting for me to ... ummm ... to do!