Tuesday 9 May 2017

Is it me?

I sat in almost ALL DAY waiting for a delivery.  The DP was off on a bird watching jaunt. Fortunately he was back at just before 4 p.m. so that I could zoom off and do my walk.

Earlier the joiner had phoned and is now coming tomorrow......which b*****s off my plans for tomorrow by which time it should have all been done.

I am waiting for the cooncil (not a misprint its Doric) to get back to me about a meeting I want to call regarding our annual art exhibition which involves all of the visual art groups.  I need to know asap so I can tell everyone......

Checked the rat bait - difficult to tell whether anything gone, although only seen one rat today.  This was seen on top of the fence?  And later under the main feeding station.  I am now able to recognise the individuals.  Isn't that wonderful.

The weather here today has been fantastic.  Wall to wall sunshine and no wind at all.  I do hope that this moves to weaverofgrass.blogspot.com/



Just look at the colour of the sea and the sky.



It was quite busy at sea.  The boat above is from Peterhead.  The letters PR indicate that. 'Ours' have the prefix FR.



Been checking his lobster pots.  Lobster pots are Trunks in Doric. 



This one was on the horizon, I assume these are bits of oil rig.



 The Kessock Burn enters the sea here.  Its shape changes daily.




Lovely Skurries (Herring Gulls).

So these photos are taken on my walk after 4 p.m.  When I returned home the DP had checked his emails and at 3 p.m. the company we have purchased this quite(very) expensive stuff had asked him when he would like delivery................ After an email which said it would be delivered today.

Is it me?

4 comments:

Przygody z drutami said...

Beautiful.pictures.at.the.sea,beach,thank.you.and.greetins.warm

kjsutcliffe said...

That is poor service. If you say you will be at a job, you turn up and you do your work. Is there not another company/joiner you could use? and tell this one to get lost?

Anonymous said...

The big ship could have been, MPI Resolution, a wind turbine installation vessel :)

Gail, northern California said...

It would be funny if it weren't so sad---and aggravating. At least the joiner called to let you know it would be tomorrow (which you had no doubt already gathered). Grrrrrrr.

You had to stay home until the DP returned...I wonder how they would feel if every time they scheduled a delivery, the people aren't home, and don't even bother to let them know. When the shoe is on the other foot, it's a different story.

No, Jill, It isn't you.