Friday 12 May 2017

Friday? Aye.


I didnt get out yesterday, for a walk, waiting in for a parcel again.

I watched this video taken the day before.  So here it is for you, took an age to upload....

 Only half of the order arrived so the DP couldnt play with his new photographic equipment.  So more of the same today.....That arrived at 1 p.m.  But the DP was out for the day getting more ticks for his annual bird list.

Once I had received the parcel I went out for my walk.  Well- the forecast was ok, bit breezy, overcast, not too cold.  I got out of the car.  Me and the chariot nearly took off.  I was hanging onto the railings, couldnt breathe at all with the wind.  Reminded I do have a lung disease which I do tend to forget when the back pain takes over.  26% lung function.  Hey ho.




This windsurfer had no chance.

So I went to rant at my friend Doug who mounts and frames my paintings.

Completely forgotten about this one, which I collected.



Even crap paintings look better mounted.  Tho the photography is even worse!

Last evening I went out.  I rarely go out in the evening but it was Fraserburgh Photographic Society's annual knees up and prize giving.  The Leisure Centre in the Broch is very popular.  Most of the food is directly out of the freezer, there are no windows at all despite it overlooking the sea had it got windows, and after the meal we decant to a conference room which is boiling hot and airless and I know I am going to get a chest infection.  But it does have a very decent Merlot.

But the DP won 2nd place in the Print Theme Competitions.



And won a very small cup.  Thats him on the right.  Who has not got false teeth.


4 comments:

kjsutcliffe said...

Well done DP, love the quizzical look on your cat'so face 😊

Chris said...

Congrats to the DP for his prize. I do love his photos (and yours!).Hope you don't come down with that chest infection. Maybe start some antibiotics as a preventative.

Margaret Butterworth said...

I always admire your determination to walk every day, no matter what the weather is like! I had a hip replacement and tendon reconstruction 6 weeks ago, and have to force myself to go for a walk to try and increase my mobility. I decided to measure the distance. I do 1.2 Kms in the gardens round our apartment block - hard work for such a short distance. But I will keep at it and gradually increase it. (Your .59 m. is just under 1 km). This week I'm allowed to drive for the first time after the op, but getting in and out of the car is the very devil!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Congratulations to him. Small cups are better than no cups at all.