Wednesday 25 January 2012

Wednesday witterings.

Yesterday's session in school we used the Catties Tails to make something.  All very exciting.  I started a Rainbow Fish.  The kids had to stick on their Tail where they wanted to.  Most, however, went for an individual picture and so we had quite a few small fish and some hearts.  Each group has a scribe and they have to write down what the group has done.  Some of the spelling is a bit off, and one is never sure whether to correct it or not, as a mere volunteer.


Photo from the internet.  In these days of political correctness crap we arent allowed to take photos.  Howsomeever, 
"Its aye easy to write it doon, but its nae easy to do the thinking of what to write."  I was instructed.  Quite right.


Hump Backed Whale.  Picture also from Google.  Should you wish to try and spot one here are a couple of web sites.
http://www.seawatchfoundation.org.uk/recentsighting.php/
This covers the whole of the UK, you have to select your region.


http://www.wildlifeweb.co.uk/forum.  This covers the North East of Scotland and is used for all animal and plant sightings.




This chap you will only find in my Summer Hoose, waiting to be finished.  Acrylic on canvas.  
At art class today I spent the second of the two hours re-doing my Gannet coming into land.  If I had been in the Summer Hoose it would have just gone in the bin.  Apologies to  my mate from school but, "Its easy to do the painting, its the thinking thats hard."  Or in my case doing any thinking at all.

2 comments:

scrumptious days said...

Wonderful photographs, and I do so love the Rainbow Fish! Still feeling envious that you can see Humpback Whales, of course it would be a worry if I could, as it would mean a creature had swum up as far as Teddington Lock!

Christine Laennec said...

Your school project sounds like great fun! And thanks very much for the websites. I never knew such things existed!