Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Introducing....

My third grandchild - my first granddaughter. Born this morn 5.30a.m. weighing in at 8lbs 3 oz. Wow.
Apart from looking like Les Dawson she is really quite beautiful.
(Followers over the pond, google him.)

All those years ago when I gave birth to her mother I announced, "She looks like a skinned rabbit."
This followed the birth of my second child, "Looks like a hippo."
And first, "Amy Turtle."
Apparently the midwives write down your first words after giving birth.
It was not long after daughter number three arrived that I had a visit from Social Services, I kid you not.
The Dawn Patroller had some task trying to explain his wife's strange sense of humour.
Just being honest, and why not? I still loved them totally.
When I had the fourth daughter I kept quiet, indeed I think the DP gagged me.
But I still had this chap come and ask me if I minded that I had had another girl.....
To which I replied,
"If it had been a boy it would have had to wear frocks."
That shut him up. There was no answer to that and no more questions either!

8 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

Do the midwives actually tell social services what you said?? The photo of your grandchild is beautiful -- but what can you say about a brand-new baby, except that no matter how odd they look, they obviously have been dropped from Heaven. Congratulations!

BadPenny said...

oooh what a gorgeous bunde !

My eldest brother looked in the hospital window when I was born & said, "It's a pity it's not a boy" He aleady had two little brothers ! He went on to take me to the footie, cricket & dog races - Bless !

Annie said...

Welcome, welcome little one. And don't listen to that grandmother of yours, you look pretty perfect to me.

I opined that my first looked like a hoover attachment Jill, or possibly Yoda, clearly I was lucky not to get a visit too!

christinelaennec said...

Contratulations! She is gorgeous. Your tale of post-partum remarks is very funny. I'm surprised you didn't have the Social Services round straight away after the frock quip!

lily said...

Congratulations Jill, she's beautiful. x

Lynn said...

Neve is a beauty like her Mom (and her very naughty grandma)
Much love
L.x.

Susan T said...

I won't tell you what my post- partum remarks were, they are unprintable. I wanted a child who didn't have my nose. I didn't think its fair to pass it on. I got a beautiful little girl first time, but you have guessed it, my nose.

Your grandaughter is far far too beautiful to look anything like Les Dawson

♥ the quiet homemaker said...

Gosh, I'm late to congratulate you, but what a lovely baby! Les Dawson indeed! :)