Wednesday 20 June 2018

Wobbly Wednesday.


One of my wonky videos.

This was taken after I had had a bit of a shock so was even more wonky than usual.  I had an appointment at the hairdressers for 2 p.m. to have my red hair refreshed.  Naturally a mousy blonde going grey, who wants to see that ?  Not me.  I parked the car, got out and the heat hit me.  Unlike where we live and by the beach there was no wind and it was hot and humid.  I got through the door and the air was full of hair spray.  I just stopped breathing.  So scary.  I was offered a brown paper bag!  Glass of water.  All I could say was "Out."  I got out.  Breathing began again.  Whew.  I apologised and said I would have to cancel.  The staff were lovely and said not to worry, just phone, or come back if I felt any better.  Managed to get the chariot and me back in the car and drive to the Prom.

Once there windows opened and slowly came round.  More mentally than physically....


Tide was well out.


The lovely Gull Gang.

Back home, the DP had vacced the shedudio of all the bits of insulation that had been everywhere.

So after some more deep breathing I painted.


This is a small prepared for watercolour canvas.  It is the sunset viewed through a Dandelion Clock from a photograph by Mark Grant.  Have to say Nature and his photograph are better!  But I enjoyed doing it, now to varnish and fix hanging gear.



Young Goldfinches at the birdfeeders.  

Tomorrow I have to wash my hair and may have to find a hairdresser who will come to the house.....

11 comments:

Sandi said...

Ack! That made me want to gasp for breath. Glad you got out of there. The heat is like that here too. And ...ugh...who still uses hairspray and in the summer for that matter?

Love the dandelion clock!

The Weaver of Grass said...

Sorry about your breathing problems - it is a good job you live by the sea where you can recover.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, how frightening. My mum had a lady who came to her to do her hair. Perhaps you could check with your usual shop to see if they offer this service ir could recommend someone. It really would be better for you and I know you feel better after getting your hair done.

Best if luck.

Sandra

Jean. said...

I can't do with hot and humid, and I haven't got your condition. I find it suffocating, so no wonder you struggled. Hope you feel a bit better now.

DUTA said...

You should indeed take care of your hair as well as other personal needs (pedicure) at your home which is probably free of smells and well- ventilated.

vic said...

Sorry about your hair appointment and the lack of breath episode. It does sound rather scary.

Thanks so much for the explanation of the dandelion. Now it makes sense. I've been puzzling over what it might be depicting ever since you showed us it's development in previous postings.

Susan Heather said...

I didn't realise people still use hairspray. Glad you got out and recovered.

kjsutcliffe said...

I have often wondered how hairdressers cope with that environment on a daily basis - I don't even like the smell as you walk past one. Think you did the right thing to get some more essential vitamin Sea - wise choice. A mobile hairdresser sounds the right way to go x

janipi said...

Oh no! That must have been so frightening. Maybe you could find a mobile hairdresser to come to your home and refresh your colour. Stick to fresh sea air today.

Bovey Belle said...

You have my utmost sympathies as I am sure I would have been the same. I never did like having hairspray in the same room as me, let alone on my hair, and can imagine the shock your poor lungs got to get a breath of it. I hope that the sea air restored you a bit. I don't feed my birds in the summer, as there is plenty for them to find around here - surrounded by woodland, pasture, hedgerows and then the farm next door, but I probably spend the equivalent of what I might have spent on bird food on plants instead!!

I hope that the salon understood your problem and will colour your hair in an uncontaminated room next time.

vic said...

Sorry about your hair appointment and your breathing episode inside.

Thanks for the explanation of the dandelion. I puzzled over what it might represent earlier. Now it makes perfect sense.