Monday 25 June 2018

Short of breath.

I am also short.  4 feet 10!  Used to be 5 feet 1 3/4"  !!

It is hot.  Took me all morning to wash myself and my hair.  Then the Pulmonary Physio exercises.

After lunch to the Prom.

Cooler there.


Lobster boats checking their pots and re stringing the buoys.


A yacht far out.

Probably heading to Portsoy.  The weekend coming is the Portsoy Traditional Boat Festival.  We have been twice to this and it is amazing.  Do google it.


Back home it was hotter without the sea breeze.  So both doors open.  And a window.


More wall painting by the DP.  



A lot of the Alliums were felled by the strong winds.  So I have had to hope they dry okay being brought in much earlier than I would normally do.  I usually wait till the stems have gone woody.


This is the centre piece of the patio.  It was a solar powered fountain water feature.  But it stopped working.  So we turned it into a planter.  The Mushrooms clank/tinkle in the breeze.  Its a fun feature.


The blooms on this clematis are enormous compared to the others.  It is/was on an obelisk which the winds blew over.  As Clematis is/was a ground cover plant I left it.

Later while we had our evening meal Dyson and partner joined us.


Hot again tomorrow......and breathe.

5 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

I don't enjoy "too hot" either. We left the boot sale we were doing on Saturday as the humidity was high and I just wanted to be indoors in the cool (plus no one was even looking at the boot sale stalls, just walking past!) It was one attached to a Vintage Fair, so I guess the other things were the main attraction.

I hope that you have a cool breeze tomorrow so you don't struggle too much and that you can get a breath of sea air as usual. The Portsey Traditional Boat Festival looks really interesting. I'll check it out in the morning (falling asleep here tonight after a busy day).

kjsutcliffe said...

I'm fine with the heat, but today even I found it warm. The dog was flaked out most of the day in front of the fan as was the teenager. My poor garden was parched and the blackbirds were panting and kept standing in the bird bath to cool off!

John Going Gently said...

I'm drying my aliums in the kitchen x

Susan Heather said...

I love the view from your shedudio, those wonderful mushrooms and the pheasants. Hope it is a bit cooler for you tomorrow.

Born and Bred said...

Sorry to read that the heat has such a debilitating effect on you. Trust it may be cooler in the coming days. What exactly is the temperature and does it come with high or low humidity? Love your Prom photos, takes me back to when I was a teenager in the Broch and I was a photographer that took your photo as you strolled along the Prom for collection at the Studios the next day.