Wednesday 27 June 2018

22 degrees in NE Scotland - I dont believe it.

Neither do I but it is.



And as always the Haar looms on the horizon!

I had the DP accompany me today.  



Just to show I take better photos than him - here is one he took of me looking like something from that book by Victor Hugo.




Fishing boats going in and


going out.

Back home our lane was yet again closed for road works.  The local authority is now top dressing the roads.  So we had a council van, along with signs, blocking the road, but the van would move if one required access.  He would then move, let the vehicle through and then return to outside our garden, engine running, diesel fumes, wonderful.  Tomorrow it could be our turn for the top dressing.  Tar will be spread and then the gravel.  The DP thinks I should vacate the premises.  As none of this is good for my lungs.  Not happy.

This evening the sun still shines brightly and I so enjoy watching the garden birds.


Our fourth child enjoyed the interview.  Chosen for the interview from over 4,000 applicants really boosted the morale.  Has been stuck in this zero hours contract for too long which has led to mental health issues.  So fingers crossed.  My youngest is as capable as the other 3 lets hope just having the interview convinces that it can be done.  And whatever the result its a  move onward and upwards.

It is to be as hot tomorrow.  Must plan my escape from the road works.  

5 comments:

Jean. said...

I wish it was 22 degrees here. It was 27 degrees on Wednesday here in central England. The last few days and nights have been unbearable. I can't stand that much heat, and no breeze. I could only go outside in the early morning and evening, doing my gardening after 6 p.m. Don't get me wrong, I love the sun and warmth, but I have my limits.

mamasmercantile said...

We too reached the dizzy heights of 22 here on the Isle of Lewis, I am finding it hard to believe too.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

we are in South West Scotland at the moment - I have no idea of the temperature but it is hot and plants in my trellis border are only just hanging on the ground is so parched.
BBC news says it is set to be the hottest June day on record in Scotland. You will find me under the canopy of trees in our little wood taking cover!!
Near our home in Yorkshire on Saddleworth Moor people are being evacuated because of the moor fires - I just hope it continues towards Manchester and not spread the other way or we will have to go home.
Hope you have a fume free day.
PS love your comment about the photo - made me smile!

The Weaver of Grass said...

This job business is so hard for our young isn't it - especially if we love then. My grandson had a string of very good university degrees in maths and kindred subjects but found just getting an interview difficult. He is nowteaching in China and loving every minute of it. Things usually turn out well in the end.

Bovey Belle said...

Fingers crossed that your son/daughter gets icked for the job. These zero hours contracts are no good for man nor beast. I can remember the time when you left one job on a Friday and started a new one on Monday, no probs at all.

Sorry about the roadwork fumes. That's as bad as hairspray isn't it?