Wednesday 7 March 2012

Wednesday Witterings.


A smile to begin with.



This is one of our neighbours, little does he know that he is to be my first attempt at portrait painting.  Wattie is in his 8os.  Still farms, best potatoes in Lonmay.
And he has more garden gnomes and others of such ilk in front of his farmhouse than anyone.




This one - well, I really must get to grips with my backgrounds.



Art class today was so much fun.  Different takes on the Hopper painting of a lighthouse.









Mine, not pictured, as I am a week behind everyone else, is a pen and ink with water colour wash, so different yet again.  Caught up this afternoon, so may inflict it on you tomorrow.


And now for some really good news.  When the doctor was called out to save me from what I thought was imminent death, which of course it wasnt.  Along with the 'life saving' antibiotics, steroids, massive pain relievers he prescribed me an add on inhaler for my chronic lung disease.  For the first time in 18 months I CAN BREATHE.


I have already managed to walk round the WHOLE of Tescos, and leave my car in a car park and walk to the cafe, instead of risking parking fines and being tasered, AND I have removed all the bags of rubbish from the Shed to the other side of the house aka the bin.


Tomorrow I am slashing back overgrown bushes, vaccing, mopping, cleaning windows, changing beds, ironing (no not ironing), and maybe just boring you all even further with another blog.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steady on! Unless you fancy coming over here and giving me a hand with all my bits 'n' bobs! Glad to hear you're enjoying some better health. Loved your line about avoiding being tasered, LOL!!

Christine Laennec said...

Oh Jill, you do make me laugh with your dark humour! I'm glad the inhaler has saved you from being tasered, but do please take it easy and don't overdo things.

Your art class sounds and looks like so much fun. You have a wonderful subject for a portrait as well. He looks as if he's suppressing a laugh - is that right? (Or a swear word?)

I hear we have a Jubilee date, yippee! I'm very happy to give you a lift if you'd like to come into Aberdeen, although it may well be no savings for you, distance-wise. I could pick you up at the bus station. My email address is on the side bar of my blog, if you feel like being in touch closer to the time.

scrumptious days said...

Glad your feeling better :-)

justjill said...

Christine - thank you for realising its a sense of humour, albeit dark, my kids dont understand it!
Thanks to everyone for commenting.