Sunday 30 July 2017

All over now.

That is it.  The open weekend is over.  Thoroughly enjoyed by the DP and myself.



The photograph was taken by one of  our last visitors today.  It was after 4 p.m. when the shedudio closed so I was being rewarded with a glass of red.  So quite a good photo of who I really am!



The DP with a fellow birdwatcher and photographer.  He has given me quite a few commissions over the years and bought quite a few of my paintings.

Despite the weather forecasting thunder, lightning and rain, we had one light rain shower.

Over the weekend and in between visitors I have been experimenting with Gesso, feathers, grasses, corn and wild oats.  The latter three are just begun.  But the feathers have been fun.  I have used watercolour and acrylic ink in the second.




My friend and framer who came yesterday says he can frame them so they will be behind glass.  He pointed out that the first thing anyone does when they see such a work is touch it.  And that is not good.  So I am excited about that.

Its good to try something new.  It also means that come North East Open Studios (NEOS) in September I will have some new and different work for people to view when they visit my studio.

Tomorrow is the last of the antibiotics.  So I can start the physio exercises again.  We also have a trip to Aberdeen Royal Infirmary a round trip of over 60 miles..... for my pre op assessment for my second cataract operation.  Unless something else drops off that will then be the last medical procedure I have to worry about.

I have come to terms with my physical life narrowing and there are adjustments to be made to my commitments but I am feeling very upbeat.  Hope everyone had as good a weekend as I did.  One of the best things was having visitors who came to see me as well as my paintings.

4 comments:

Lynda said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend!

And I really like your 'feathers'.

I am also very envious that you live in Scotland :)) xx

kjsutcliffe said...

Sounds to have been a really good weekend, I loved the story of you sending your much too early visitors away. How long are you open during the NEOS weekend? Will it be a longer day?

The Weaver of Grass said...

Pleased it was all such a success Jill and so pleasing for you.

Mum said...

I'm so glad that it was a success. A well deserved glass of red, I say.
xx