Thursday 4 April 2019

Springtime in Scotland part 2.

Spring seems to be confined to the afternoons at the moment.  Mornings are a wash out, blow out, and cold.  But the afternoon is different.  The sun comes out.  

I had to go for my blood pressure check early afternoon.  This entailed me waiting in reception for way too long and I envisioned all the germs zapping me.  I stood rather than sit,  away from everybody. leaning on the chariot.  Particularly avoiding the woman who had preceded me to sign in who was explaining she had had sickness and diarrhoea for four days now....... 

A machine took my blood pressure while the nurse tested the urine sample.  All well, nice to know some of my body is working ok.  I made as swift a get away as is possible with a chariot and shot lungs.

To the Prom.


Again, not many people or dogs.


It was not cold.  Sunny on and off, and not much wind.  Beautiful.



The only bird on the beach.  But it is my favourite!

Yesterday I showed you a photo of the sheep in the park at the back of us. (Park= field in Doric).  Well 2 gave birth today.  2 sets of twins.  My friends son, who is 10, cares for the sheep, oversaw the births, got the lambs going.  He has 2 black, which he was hoping for,  ewe lambs and is ecstatic!

I did a wee sketch from my friend's photo.  


This is them just born so they had the vernix still on them.

More signs of Spring in Scotland!




Lesser Redpoll back with us.  Even more signs of Spring.  


Pink ornamental Cherry blossom about to unfurl.  The real Cherry trees are in the front and are bit behind the ornamental ones.  But then they produce real Cherries...


Our potted Christmas tree has seed scattered over it and is an attraction to the birds to come and feed.

This afternoon the DP has continued to remove turf for the new hedge.  But he found time to put out the second lot of solar powered lights.  I too am ecstatic!  My Spring is here!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn’t that just the craziest thing, people working in the health care field or even just working with public going to work sick! I hate that so much, I have bad asthma and allergies to perfume and soaps, my respiratory doctors cologne was so strong my last visit I had to use my enhaler , he asked what triggered my attack, I told him he did as he sat beneath the sign, this hospital is a no scent area, what a joke, I see a beautiful sheep painting in your future😉

Gail, northern California said...

My two cents: Your clinic should provide Kleenex, sanitizer, and masks for anyone entering the premises. I have autoimmune hepatitis and I won't enter the clinic for doctor visits or the hospital for weekly labs without a double layer of masks.

I love your fairy lights. Kudos to that attentive husband.

Chris said...

Hope you managed to avoid the germs. Time will tell! Great photos of the birds. I'm guessing you have a telephoto lens (is that the word?).

mamasmercantile said...

Loved the sketch of the ewe and her babies. Beautiful signs of Spring just hoping for a little more sun. Take care.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Hope you have managed to evade the bugs. The sheep sketch would make a lovely painting.

Bovey Belle said...

I have Redpoll envy - we never get them here. However, we have LOGS of Goldfinches and Siskins, pairs of Woodpeckers and Nuthatches, so I mustn't complain.

The lights look LOVELY. I am sure your neighbour will love the picture of HIS lambs! He must be so proud and well on the way to being a shepherd now, despite his tender years.