Saturday 27 April 2019

A Strange Day.


First of all I was on my own.  Shock horror.  The DP was away to the 'Grampian Eye.'  A get together of photographers, clubs and societies, in Aberdeen.  He provided my breakfast and was then picked up and gone.  So once I washed and dressed I went out to go buy the newspaper -  from Tesco.  Back home and had my lunch.  Mackerel prepped by the DP.  I put it onto the Ryvitas, heated the tomato soup.  Done.

The Prom.  A murky day.


Plenty Gulls.





Plenty boats inning and outing.


Then this lot appeared and onto the beach.


They were members of the Fountain of Love Church.  Some of them had tee shirts proclaiming they were on a Beach Clean, though I saw no evidence of that.  Although the beach did look clean.  There was no rubbish.


Then the man in the white vest was pushed backwards into the sea and I could only assume this was an immersion baptism.  Apart from the man in the white vest everyone else seemed really happy.

Back home.  Two  Oystercatchers in the field.



The open beak pointing down is part of their mating ritual.  Will they stay?  Will they nest?


Decided to get on with the painting.  Bit of detail.  I dont enjoy detail, prefer to slosh it on.  Hey ho.





Stamens. ......



Even murkier evening.

So I got through the day.  Albeit very strange.  Guess what ?  The DP is off again tomorrow.  Who knows what I will see.  But the forecast is sunshine.  And we do not buy a newspaper on a Sunday.  So no pressure there then.  But this has been a very strange day.

3 comments:

Jean said...

That was exciting. I love the evening photos.

Chris said...

Can't imagine getting into the North Sea in April - it was freezing in July when we used to holiday in Montrose.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Your flowers would make a lovely textile print - I fancy it for my dining room curtains.
Never heard of the Fountain of Love but it does look like a Baptism.