Monday 1 April 2019

Mad Monday.


1st April 2014,  not an April Fools joke.  This is me 5 years ago with Janet Street Porter.  The researchers found me through this blog!!  I was the token English woman on Janet's programme about Scottish Independence.  She is sat down in the photo as she is quite a bit taller than me.....

Back to today.  It was no joke as to how windy it was .  My goodness gusts over 30 mph.  I moved.  Involuntarily.





I was happy to see so many of the Gull gang.  On the sea, on the shore.  Made it a super day despite the wind.




Watching the courtship ritual of the Herring Gulls.



First day of the school holidays and the beach is deserted.  But they may well have been blown away had they come down.


Back home and more on the Owl.


And the beach with Oystercatchers, what else!

The last bit of madness for today was I was woken by a cat's plaintive cry.  Inside, on the windowsill was a strange cat.  Curled up and comfortable.  Took me a while to dislodge it.  

All day we have attempted to discourage it, with water.  It now knows we are not an easy touch.  Though it did eat the porridge the DP puts out for the birds, so they are going to have to suffer for a few days.

Just hoping after Mad Monday it is not terrible Tuesday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your owl is coming along beautifullly, your oyster catchers are something you love to paint and that’s gives you a comfortable feeling, they have such personality don’t they, watch that wind doesn’t carry you away!

Chris said...

You sound in good spirits today, Jill. Hope April is a good month for you.

Jean said...

Surely this poor cat is hungry and looking for a home. It must be hungry to eat porridge. Over my life, apart from the kittens and cats we have chosen, we have also adopted five strays who chose us. Each of them turned out to be friendly and loving cats who found their forever home. I could never chase one away. Perhaps you might know someone else who could give it a home.

mamasmercantile said...

What a great photo of you. It was windy here yesterday too, blowing a gale in fact. The owl is coming along beautifully,

wherethejourneytakesme said...

My daughter and SIL ran a shop in Masham a few years ago and Janet Street Porter came in to buy something. She lives locally to them and was very pleasant and chatty.
I love the shapes the Oyster catches make I can see why you love to paint them. Perhaps they would make a good lino cut - I may have a go.

BethB from Indiana said...

Gorgeous pictures, as always.

Over the years, we've taken in two strays. They were wonderful cats, and both added joy to our home. At one time we had three cats total. We chose Samantha from a shelter, Millie chose us when she had kittens on our front porch, and Maggie was a starving cat my husband found howling on our back deck.

Years later after they were gone to cat heaven, we got Izzy from a shelter, but her time with us was too short. She developed cancer of the jaw and died way too young. Our cat now is Nibbles. The shelter said she had been a feral cat and would probably never be tamed. They were so wrong. I feel like she is keeping my husband going at the age of 86. Nibbles is at his side on the sofa for much of the day--paws on his leg or on her back so that he can rub her tummy.