Wednesday 24 April 2019

Simple things.


Another windy day.


Not as strong as yesterday, bit warmer than yesterday too.  But cloudy.  So I walked.


The Gull Gang.  



Abluting and playing in the surf.


It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how I feel once I have been to the Prom I feel so much better.  Fresh air and fun!


Home for some bird watching.  Male Yellowhammer.


Goldfinch.


The Shedudio's bird feeding station tree.  We have peanuts, Nyger seed, Sunflower kernels and bird seed.  Different kind of bird seed goes on the ground.  

There are two other 'stations' one outside the kitchen window and one outside the dining room patio doors.  We get much pleasure from watching the birds.  We do a weekly bird count for the British Trust for Ornithology.


And a bit of painting. When the eyes are complete then I take more care as I feel I am being watched!

I have come to terms with my limited life, taking pleasure in the things that I do not have to do, does that make sense?

But there is always one task or another that I have to do.  So I gird up my proverbial loins and phone the surgery.  I am coming to the end of the antibiotics, last steroids this morning, and need to have them both in house ready for the next chest infection, while praying no more continuation for a while.  Also if it does come back that will be at the weekend and so. ..... 

First I got , "You should have an appointment to see someone."  Politely refused and explained no way was I coming into the surgery to pick up infections from a place crammed with them - colds, flu etc.  So the receptionist said she would put it to the doctor and if there were any problems they would phone me.  What problems?  If I dont have the meds there will be problems.

So I took a breath and cracked open the wine.  Another simple thing I enjoy.


7 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

We know how you feel with the surgery. We feel as though we've been left in the desert. Tom has been given the codeine linctus for his cough but cannot take it as it has the yellow colouring in it and they can't source any without it. Half the people we talk to including some doctors and chemist's don't have a clue what IPF is. As with you, there is not much that can be done but a little bit of understanding goes a long way and there's not much out there.
Fingers crossed you get your meds without too much hassle and stay virus free for a while.
Briony
x

Jean said...

Yes simple pleasures are the best. I love the bird photos. I don't live near the sea but I enjoy the birds in my garden and along the nearby river. I hope your infection stays away.

Joan (Devon) said...

When I use one lot of steroids and antibiotics, I put a note on the bottom of my monthly prescription for other medication, that I will be needing more to keep at home and they are included which I get within a couple of days. Our pharmacy, which is attached to the surgery, are pretty good and I have no complaints.

Surely you must be on a list that requires this medication without question.

Anonymous said...

I understand completely, I’m so glad you have your prom to keep you happy, I know exactly what you mean by the eyes in your painting watching , lol, I thought I was the only one that thought that way, you do know that make is both a bit strange lol , I really admire your attitude through this health roller coaster you’re on, it’s a nasty situation that you make the best of and in that you are an inspiration! Your cat painting is looking beautiful, I love the stance of the cat,
I hope the doctor gives you meds without an office visit!

Jules said...

Simple pleasures are always the best. I always enjoy seeing your photographs from the prom and all the birds. I only wish I had an ounce of your talent for painting.
I hope you manage to get your medication sorted. X

Sue in Suffolk said...

Funny how all that seaweed that was there a couple of days ago has completely gone.
Hope you get the stuff you need to keep just-in-case without having to go into the waiting room full of coughs and sneezes.

Bovey Belle said...

SO envious of the wine - have some in but daren't even sniff the cork at the moment!

I can't understand why the receptionist has to fight you over repeat prescriptions to hold in-house (as I do) when it must be down on your notes. Perhaps demand to speak to your GP next time if she's being awkward. I didn't have to sit in the waiting room today, just went in to collect my other prescription.

Hoping you don't need any more steroids or a/b's for a good long while now.

Enjoy that wine!