Saturday 26 August 2017

North East Open Studios.

NEOS has suddenly appeared on the horizon.

I have tons of work to do for the October FASE Exhibition.  But first there is NEOS which starts on the 9th September.  Every day from then till the 17th the shedudio will be open from 1 p.m. till 5 p.m.  

The list of stuff that has to be done before then is scary.  

As it was raining today I decided to make a start on the manufacturing of cards.  These are from my original paintings.  Photographs taken by the DP of same.


These are then printed off on photographic paper.  Chopped up by me on the guillotine.


I then have to score the card into a fold uppable card.  Stick the photo onto it.  Insert an envelope and then put the whole thing into a clear cellophane envelope and here you go.



We worked out how much it cost us and priced accordingly.  I have always sold them for £2.00 each.  But on the odd visit to other exhibitions I have noticed prices for cards have increased.  Many of the artists have their cards done by others.  Professionally printed.  

They were £3 each but you could buy 2 for £5.  So 4 for £10.  Pricing stuff is a nightmare.

How much do you all pay for a card in a shop?

My small canvasses I am charging £10 for.  There is as much work goes into these as a larger painting.  But I am not paying out for mounting, and/or framing.  


And basically it would be good to see some gone!

2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I paid £2.95 for a rather nice birthday card yesterday.

crafty cat corner said...

I think my favourites are the hares, lovely. I would normally pay about £2.00 for a decent card.
Briony
x