Friday 18 August 2017

Anyone got a spare Ark??

For all of you who were envious about out hot day yesterday we certainly got our come uppance today.  It began to rain heavily at 6 a.m. We even had a Yellow Weather Warning. The rain is continuing till midnight.

I haven't been out, not even down to the shedudio.  

This morning I lost 2 and a half hours out of my life while Windows updated itself.

It did say 

'This may take a while.' 

2 and 1/2 hours is more than a while..... But I spent the time usefully by sorting all the stuff I had stuffed into file boxes and it is now in the right box or file.  I now know when the cat is due for his jabs, the MOT is due on my car and how much we paid for the fence that is now destroyed - £900.  Hmmm.  

I also know when I was referred for my second cataract operation.  Or should I say when they acknowledged it. December 2016. (Referral was actually September 2016.)  And that there is a 6 month waiting list for the operation.  Which takes us into 2018.  By then I may well have a totally bent neck as I have to use my good eye to draw and paint.

The rain continued.  As the DP was on the phone to youngest child around 5p.m. he noticed a car going down the road and lots of spray.  So he sprang into action.



This is the path at the side of the house and through the kitchen patio doors.  At the other side of the path is/was garden into which the DP has planted a load of young perennials I had potted on from plug plants.  Drowned.  



This is the path at the front of the house.  Current flowing along to the side of the house and the drowned garden.  And about one inch from reaching the step into the house.  At which point the DP shot off up the road to clear the gully, which is the drain.  That the council are supposed to clear every so often and never do.  And despite years of moaning at them do not actually put into place a proper drain.  So we get water off the fields, water off the track at the other side of the road all zooming down and into our drive.  We have tractors, lorries, cars going up and down our lane and quite a few of them use the side of the road to get past each other and thereby cover the gully/drain.  Fed up with it.

The joys of living in the country side are not always .  Noah I need you.

3 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

This could be a post from my son in Ayr. He is quite isolated and has water running down from the fields, he has to go out and dig ditches when it gets bad.
Briony
x

marlane said...

Maybe one of you needs to go in person to the council with photos of what happens in your garden when it rains. Or you may have done so already.

The Weaver of Grass said...

And then there are the varied countryside smells, not all of them pleasant.