Wednesday 16 August 2017

I hate shopping in supermarkets or anywhere else for clothes.

Not a bad day weather wise.  But increasingly windy.  20 mph gusting to 30.  At 4 feet 10 inches, 8 stone, and a chariot that does its own thing in high winds  I decided to do my walk within the shelter of the local supermarkets.

As advised I needed to buy some leggings to go with the new tunic.  I also wanted to buy a smaller bag as I can never find anything in the ones I have.  So first I tootled along to Tescos.



Now this woman has to be ten foot tall.  My Tesco has the clothing I want to look at way beyond my reach.  I tried, I failed.  Anything I thought I might like was not in my size so there had obviously been a horde of locusts with size 14 tops and size 12 bums.

So I went to ASDA.



I had better luck in ASDA.  I managed the leggings.  Again they had a sale on as had Tesco but again the horde of locusts with 14 on top and 12 on bottom all gone.  

I then latched on to a bag in the sale which was somewhat smaller than the ones I own (now winging their way to a charity shop) so hopefully I will be able to locate things within it.  And a pair of red shoes I could not resist.


Now comes the why I hate shopping.  The red shoes size 5 were way out of my reach.  I could see them tantalising me on the top rail at the back of some boring blue ones.  I looked round for one of our colleagues or whatever they are called in ASDA.  NOT ONE TO BE SEEN.  Ended up asking a lovely young Mum who reached them down for me.  WHY DO THEY PUT ANYTHING OUT OF REACH FOR MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO SHOP?  MADNESS.  

On my way to ASDA I drove past the Esplanade and saw this.  In the Bay.  Just off the beach.  I then remembered that I had got soaked yesterday.  That I had emptied my bag.  That I had left the camera at home.....


Fortunately a friend, Stuart Fenty, had photographed it and in the harbour too.


Isnt it beautiful.



5 comments:

Chris said...

What is the ship? Love the new bag!

marlane said...

I usually shop on line and take my chances. I shop on ebay and all the online department stores. You can return what is unsuitable.

BadPenny said...

I have gone back to bigger bags , some have no inside pockets so I do have to rummage for j
Door keys x

janipi said...

Asda online for me too. Returns are really simple as I take it back to the store. What lovely pictures of the ship. Living by the coast is so wonderful.

Margaret Butterworth said...

Definitely shop online! For clothes, you can always get the size you want. Also, have groceries delivered - no more hunting round the supermarket for elusive items. I pay 11 Australia $ for my groceries delivered and it is well worth it. My Granny always had a delivery each week. Doing our own shopping is a retrograde step!