Tuesday 29 August 2017

I love living where I do.

There is a nip in the air.  Better for my breathing!

We have swallows gathering on the wires.  Also Starlings!


Many of them descend to the garden and decimate our bird feeders. 


Down on the beach.  These are mainly Black Headed Gulls.  Red beaks, Red legs. The Black head disappears apart from a black patch on the cheek once the breeding season is over.  But see the one in the middle with the black tufted head?  That is a first for me it is a Sandwich Tern.  The DP had to point this out to me.


And on closer inspections of other photos I took today there were more.  Black legs, not red.  Sandwich Tern.

One of the people I meet on a regular basis on the Prom is a chap who has horses.  He occasionally brings one down to the beach.  One he took to the Lighthouse, Kinnaird Head, home to the Museum of Scottish Lighthouses and this photo was taken.  Turned into a Unicorn.


He has asked me to paint his two horses he has now.  The one above has now died.  The DP is to go and take a photo of the two he has now.  One meets all sorts of people down on the Prom.  I sometimes wish I wasnt so chatty.  What he thinks my portrayal of his horses will be like.......

So - Autumn is definitely looming, Weaver of Grass.  Here as it is  with the weather up here was a sudden blast of cool air.

 Still waiting for the blackberries to become fully ripe tho.  

According to the DP the ace bird person another 2 weeks before the Swallows depart.  Then we await the Pink footed Geese in their thousands to arrive.  And the Whooper Swans.  So our sounds instead of twittering from the Swallows are the calls of the Geese and the sound from the wings and the Swans and their Whoops.  Then the open window in the bedroom will be the Tawny Owls calls.

Down on the beach today 





Living in Britain, and the North East of Scotland is just wonderful.


2 comments:

BadPenny said...

You live in a beautiful part of the country. I love watching the birds gather to migrate and welcome the geese back every autumn. Did a spot of blackberrying on Monday x

Jules said...

It is beautiful where you live and I always enjoy seeing your photographs. Plenty of ripe blackberries here. X