Sunday 30 December 2018

Taking Control.

It is amazing how much better I feel today.  

I made the decision to not take the low dose antibiotic any more.  It is supposed to stop me picking up chest infections.  Well - I hadn't had any for a few months before I started on it.  If I do get one I have antibiotics in house and can ask for steroids to assist also.  To carry on having nausea and churnings, gripings in stomach every day followed by the explosions....what sort of life is that.  I fully appreciate that each chest infection damages my lungs still further but have come to the conclusion quality of life is better than extending it.
So there.  
A new woman arose this morning.  
Washed my hair, did my pulmonary exercises and I managed to get my boots on without the DP!  He was off birdwatching.  He had prepared my lunch, waiting in fridge. 
I loaded up the chariot and was off to the Prom.


No wind, it wasn't cold, not much sun but you can't have everything.



Kessock Burn off in another direction.


 It is Sunday.  So lots of walkers, many with dogs, wanging balls, so not many of the Gull Gang.


Way over to the left were some Oystercatchers and Redshanks snoozing.  But they too were cleared off by a ball wanger.


Out at sea a Lobster boat returning to harbour.



And a big boat heading out.


A very big boat.


Back home and down to the Shedudio.  Which is showing clear signs it needs repainting on the roof.  

Did some painting, not on the roof!,  but the darkness came on very quickly .  Yes I do have electric light and a daylight lamp but prefer natural light.  There is also the problem of finding my way back home when it is pitch black!


Sunset over the house.  

Looking forward to tomorrow.  No tummy churnings.  etc.  


Here is me in my new frock, matches me hair.  Propped up against the wall - normally hunched over the chariot!  Not now I am a new woman having taken control!! Ha.

9 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Good for you - it is quality of life after all, and tummy gyps and worse are NO fun at all. I hope you can get some probiotics in you to balance out the lack of gut flora from the anti-b's. You sound really positive, which has to be good in itself, and well done for wriggling into your boots too! Love the dress - used to have a similar one back in the day (only a tad shorter I think! I was about 17 at the time though!!)

Catriona said...

I astounded my doctor a few years ago by telling her that I was responsible for making decisions about my health. She told me that she wished more people would be proactive -and I went on to lose three stones of weight without going to the dreaded fat club. I also choose not to have a flu jab despite repeated invitations. Well done, Jill. You look amazing in that new photo.

Chris said...

Very glamorous, Jill. I like your new outfit. And your new attitude!

Susan Heather said...

Love the new look and new attitude.

kjsutcliffe said...

It is amazing how empowering a decision can be. Well done xx

Catsngrams said...

You are a beautiful lady and I love your boots. I think you are one proud and brave lady. Keep on smiling and take one day at a time that is all we can do.

Patty said...

Your sunset looks beautiful. I miss seeing those. Our house is surrounded by other homes, trees and with some slight hills thrown in. Your outfit looks comfy. Thrilling that you were able to put boots on by yourself! Have a wonderful evening!

Rosie said...

Wishing you a Happy New Year and hope that in 2019 you stay positive regarding your health, you have already made a gliood start and I do like your new photo. It is summer here downunder and we are in the middle of a heatwave 40C (100F) so have to keep myself cool as well as outside keeping the garden going. It doesn't matter where we are we have to make the most of what life gives us.

BethB from Indiana said...

I am proud of you for taking charge of what is best for you, and you already feel better!


Love your new picture.