Saturday 29 December 2018

Saturday.

This daily low dose antibiotic is becoming a real pain.  Most of the morning spent nauseous then - well too much information will not be given.  It is to prevent me/lessen the chances of me getting a chest infection.  On balance - well bring it on, at least that goes away.  Hey ho.  Will be speaking to consultant on Monday hopefully.

So once the morning is over I can gird up me loins and go to the Prom.


The weather today has been foul.  Wind got stronger and stronger and the rain lashed down.  But I know now that just getting out and sitting with the car window open makes me feel better.  The rain stopped after a while and people walking did not appear to be wind blown.  So I got out of the car.


Quite a few on the beach.  Tide coming in slowly.


Wind whipping up the surf.


The Gull Gang .  Birds tend to face into the wind.  Whereas mammals do the opposite.  Including me!


Oystercatchers and Blackheaded Gulls.  Then the rain came back.  That is when I am reminded I cannot move swiftly back into the car.....

Back home, slightly damp.


More on the Scottish Wild Cats.


The Lion is finished.  He is for my third Grandson.  I did a Tiger for second Grandson


A Dragon for first Grandson.


Takes me out of my comfort zone!  The Lion will have its image put onto a mug as the others have been.

Thanks to all for your kind words and suggestions.  Much appreciated.  Onwards and upwards.  A new year is dawning.  And I am still here.  Yay.


9 comments:

Ellen said...

Love the lion but the dragon is fantastic!

kjsutcliffe said...

good idea putting the lion on a mug - it will look impressive x

lynney62 said...

Your painting of the lion is fantastic! His eyes...wow...perfect! Love the tiger and dragon too! Lucky Grands!

Patty said...

I read your blog every evening and sorry I haven't commented before. Your paintings blow me away! So stunning! That lion is absolutely magnificent! The other two paintings are grand too, but there's something about that lion that pleases me. Your grandsons are lucky guys to receive these beautiful gifts from their grandmother! Love, love your art work!
Patty from Illinois,USA

carolyn said...

I love your lion, all the others are great too, but the lion is wonderful. I like all your beach pictures also. I enjoy being by the sea. Hang in there, my dear, you have great inner strength.

Susan Heather said...

Just love that Lion.

Terra said...

Great gifts for your grandsons, I like all three paintings.

crafty cat corner said...

I have a friend who takes low dose antibiotics all of the time for recurring UTI's, she hates it also.
One day at a time is all we can do isn't it, I am watching Tom very slowly getting worse, his cough is the worst bit for him but we just take each day slowly.
I can't wait for the lighter days and better weather so that we can get out a bit more.
Happy new year to you both.
Briony
x

BethB from Indiana said...

I love all three, but can't decide if I like the tiger or lion the best--the lion probably wins!

I am on my second long dose of prednisone. The steroid makes me restless at night and famished all the time. I hate taking it, but if it helps with the horrible itching I'm experiencing, I'll keep at it.