Saturday 8 December 2018

Freedom!

My car is back and so am I!


Windy and wet.  I parked at the Prom and waited a while with the window open taking in the sea air.  Then the rain stopped so I got out.  And walked.  A bit.



Four Surfers in total.  Two at one side of the bay and two at the other.  


This chap was on the left and was amazing.




Never seen a surf board with this thing below it.  I assume it gives him some speed hurtling through the water and then he jumps up and away he goes.  Gob smacking.  I know we have a champion surfer in Fraserburgh and this could well be him.


Very excited to see Turnstones.  Two Blackheaded Gulls and darting about around them there were the Turnstones.  I have never seen them so close.  I have painted them from others photos so was thrilled to capture them myself.


Smaller than Redshanks, which are smaller than Oystercatchers, they dart around fast so are difficult to focus on.



Oystercatchers.


Turnstone.

Back home and the continuing battle with the new ipad.  I am certainly happier with stuff I am familiar with and get totally stressed out with the new.  But I will get there.  One day.

You remember the new washing machine?  And the total failure of the delivery chap from Hotpoint.  We bought the thing from Argos so our contract is with them.  So we asked them for our money back for installation and removing old one.  Well.  It is another battle.  What happened to customer service?  The DP watched the delivery man zap into his hand held computer effort that he hadnt removed old one or fitted new one.  But they havent informed Argos, and Argos are not saying they do not believe us, but until they hear from Hotpoint they cannot process our refund.  Really?  Meanwhile we have had to pay for installation by someone else, removal of the old washing machine and it being taken away.  A week ago.  

I wait for freedom from all this bloody stress which the older I get I cannot cope with.  Rant over.  Goodnight.




4 comments:

Chris said...

Well said, Jill. Keep hammering away until you get the refund!

crafty cat corner said...

Funny you mention about not dealing with stress as we age. I used to be a rock for everything, always able to deal with anything but as I age I am finding small things and life in general very stressful. What is going on? I don't like it.
I do think that things are just not as simple as they used to be, so much red tape and being unable to actually talk to people doesn't help. Trying to reach people on the phone is agony.
Still, its not going to change for us now is it? so we must just get on with it.
Glad you've got your transport back, we would be lost without the car, probably house bound, certainly for Tom.
Briony
x

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I always think about how beautiful your world is. And everchanging...I do hope you have no more problems with service people and companies! And I hope this one is quickly resolved.

mamasmercantile said...

Glad to hear you got the car back. Those surfers look amazing, they certainly got the waves. Keep on at Argos, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.