Tuesday 4 December 2018

Mixed bag.

Carer came to wash, moisturise and dress me.  She informed me she had reduced her driving speed to 40 mph (ye gods)  as it was icy......  The roads round and about are completely iced over.  No gritting has occurred.  Despite Aberdeenshire Council saying they were ready for the Winter.  And still hasnt.  Our garden is still frosted over where the sun dont hit.

When it was time for me to go to the Prom I discovered my car's heater fan had ceased to work so clearing the inside windscreen had to be done manually which I find difficult.  a) I cant reach and b) I havent got the wellie.  I shall be without a car tomorrow as its in the repair garage.  Bum.  I stopped 3 times on the way to make a pitiful effort but could just see.



Worth the effort.  Beautiful day.  No wind, never got above freezing.  I walked from one patch of sun to the next.  Then its lean on the railings and control breathing.


Vitamin Sea and Sanity booster.


Rather them than me.


Redshank.  Love them.



Fishing boat - Achieve- returning to the Harbour.

Back home battling with modern technology - again.  The tablet refusing to connect to the internet so I ended up not painting and came up from the Shedudio early.  

Ordered central heating oil.  Set up payment for the visa.  Tablet connected to the internet.  Googled why it wouldn't when I was down the shedudio..... things to try tomorrow.  Phoned the hospital.  I have an appointment with chest consultant next week.  She was fully booked but has offered to see me in her lunch break.  How wonderful is that!  I love our NHS. My problem was that the low dose antibiotic I was prescribed runs out on Christmas Day and I really need to know what happens next!


So to end the day a bit more Christmas Bling.  The banisters which flash!

6 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

I have had my Vitamin Sea - back in Yorkshire now with my bottled Vitamin D!
Like your festive flashy stair rail.

Chris said...

Hope your car gets fixed "toute suite" and it's not too costly. You certainly don't want to be without it too long!

DUTA said...

Good to know you love your medical system. People here usually complain about it. Anyway, it's best not to need them.

Susan Heather said...

Stunning photos especially the top two.

mamasmercantile said...

Jill I had to look twice when I saw people in the sea, it made me feel cold just looking at them.

Lynn Marie said...

40 mph seems very fast on ice!