Monday 24 December 2018

Christmas Eve.

The Prom.


Like a Mill Pond.  Flat and calm.  What better Christmas gift from Mother Nature.  No wind, no rain, sun.


High tide, so the Gulls were at sea, bobbing up and down on the slight swells.



Our lifeboat, "Willie and May Gall."   On its way out of the harbour.  Had a swing round the bay and then back at a higher speed.  This boat can go very fast.



A Standby Safety Vessel.  This was way out.  


Must be the last boat into the harbour for Christmas.

I came home and down to the Shedudio.  We had visitors.  Two friends who we see rarely although they live just up the road.  

Mince pies and Coffee served up.  They know full well not to come near me with any cold or cough, but coughed the whole visit.  I was rigid with stress by the time they left.  It is just not in me to be challenging and /or rude.  When they left I opened the door and hoped the fresh air would remove any germs and prayed.

Forgetting about that, well trying to, we had a lovely evening meal.  Followed by watching The Griswold Family Christmas on dvd.  Which is still as hilarious as I remember.

Christmas is really all about kids.


Two of my grandkids making biscuits for Santa.


Another 2 with a carrot and a mince pie for the hoped for visitors.

So we all go to bed with great anticipation.

Happy Christmas this Eve.



3 comments:

Lynn said...

This week I bought something called first defence which you use when you have the first stage of a cold virus and it stops it. It has good reviews. Worth a try, I thought.

Bovey Belle said...

How thoughtless of your neighbours. I am hoping that by the time a cold makes someone cough, it is no longer infectious. It's sneezes that spread it around.

Have an enjoyable Christmas with your lovely grandchildren. J xxx

justjill said...

Lynn I am on a long term low dose antibiotic which is supposed to protect me from picking up infections. But you dont expect someone to visit, guess who, coughing all over you.