Saturday 15 December 2018

Storm Deirdre.

Its been a while since we lit the woodburner and did not turn off the central heating!  Wind rattling around the house.  60 mph plus and rain I hear too.  

It was decided it would be 'better' for me to go out.  As usual.  So I made it to the car.  The DP loaded up the chariot and off I went.



I did not get out of the car.  I thought about it but then another gust and the car started to rock so I sat tight.  Opened the window.  Breathed in and out.  Took some photos from the car.



Both sea and sky were boiling.

I decided, as I wasn't getting out, to go and see what was happening in the Harbour.


It was packed.  No-one was going out today.




One of the big boats was being pushed by the wind onto a slant.


Within the shelter of the Harbour all was calm.


Although crammed!


You can see this is a working Harbour.


Medium size and one of the ones I mostly see heading out or heading in.  The stacked wood behind is a regular feature of something being shipped out.  Lots of it.


Back home I had a scary stagger to the Shedudio.  The bird feeders were swinging and some had emptied their contents on to the ground beneath.


Hope this Cordyline survives.


Doing battle with reflections.  Looks a right mess!  But wait.....

Then I had to summon the DP to walk in front of me back up to the house so I was not blown over!  It is much worse now.  60 mph plus wind and noisy.  Hitting the front of the house.  Also rain.  

Tomorrow 5 a.m. the wind drops.  Later my trip to the prom will be walkable,  doable.  Sun ! and only 16 mph.  I can cope with that.  On your way Deirdre.

5 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

Wow, that sea looks awful. No wonder all the ships are in port.
Lets hope you can get a bit of exercise tomorrow.
Briony
x

Chris said...

That is scary weather! Seeing the harbour jam-packed with boats made me realize what an important part of life in your area the sea is.

janipi said...

The sea is so powerful and angry looking. Just heavy rain here and general gloom. Hope tomorrow is a better day to get some sea air.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

The harbour looks like the equivalent of a shanty town! Stay safe in this bad weather - we have frost - no wind.

Bovey Belle said...

When we are out for the day and the weather is bad, instead of going out for lunch we take sandwiches etc and have a "car picnic". It sounds like you had a "fresh air picnic" yesterday - I don't blame you for staying put in that storm. It was pretty fierce by the sound of things.

I loved the photos of the harbour and all those boats, neatly stacked up. You can't blame them for staying put whilst Deidre was visiting.

The new painting looks like it will be stunning, as always.