Wednesday 26 December 2018

Boxing Day.

Still feeling stuffed.  Made it to the Prom.  Very short walk.



Tide well in.  Lots more people today.  Kids and dogs too.



It was quite warm .  So lots of little black flies.  Flat calm sea.




Couple of lobster boats.

As it is Boxing Day the harbour has the RNLI Boxing Day Swim.  This raises funds for the RNLI.  Over £80,000 raised since it began as an annual event.  



The swimmers jump or dive off the lifeboat.


Some wear fancy dress.



My friend B.  - this is her second year doing the swim.


One of the harbour seals wondering what on earth is going on.



None of these photographs are mine!  I stay well away - in case I get tempted......  This was the warmest swim ever at 6 degrees, not sure whether that was air or water temperature.  Either way pretty cold for getting wet.



Progress on the Lion, I am having fun doing this one.  When I could go no further as I had to wait for the paint to dry.




I watched the sun set.

Bye bye Boxing Day.

4 comments:

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Boxing Day seems to be the day when everyone comes out again. I am not sure I would be strong enough to do a dip in the cold waters but I admire those that can and do.
You have captured the lion well - I like the expression.

Bovey Belle said...

I loved the light on the water in the seal photo. Rather them than me, the folks having the Boxing Day swim. I am not a good swimmer and hate freezing cold water as well.

I hope you had an enjoyable Christmas. The lion pic is coming on well.

BethB from Indiana said...

The lion looks great.

Grammy Braxton said...

Your lion is really looking good. I don't think I could do a swim in winter, charity or no.
Hugs,
Sharon