Thursday 27 December 2018

Ready for the next big shut down.

In Scotland it is more about Hogmanay than Christmas.  Everything shuts for 2 days.  None of this opening the day after Christmas.  New Years day shut and the day after.

But for now.... the Prom.


Weird weather continues.  Not cold, not windy, sun, most odd.


This mist appeared today, just in one bit of the beach.   Very strange.



The Blackheaded Gulls were catching flies.  Bouncing up and snapping them up.  Too quick for me to catch them on a photo and hilarious to watch.





Surfers en masse.


Lots of dogs in new coats, though one obviously prefers to go without.


Tide coming in.

The garden is crazy.  I have stuff coming up which shouldn't be.  An ornamental poppy is almost up and buds on?? Mad.

Home and into the Shedudio.



Really loving this lion.  Please do not let me ruin it, please do not let me ruin it.....

I had my foot lady today.  She is lovely.  I no longer have leather soles on my feet, wonderful.  Toe nails trimmed, I can't bend and the DP is frit of cutting the toe off.  So my feet are possibly the best bit of me!!

Tomorrow I get the head to toe wash. And moisturised.  I shall be all set for the New Year.  The next big shut down.

6 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Just loving that lion Jill.

Glad you had sunshine today and it was so mild. I found the first local Primrose on Christmas Day - just a wee one with only two flowers, but the start of things to come.

Chris said...

Perfect winter weather. It's mild here too, the weather is really changing. I'm sure we will pay for it later!

Jean said...

I have snowdrops out in the orchard, just like last year. This year though, I also still have blue lobelia, white alysum and some calendulas still flowering in the garden.

crafty cat corner said...

I know what you mean by 'Please do not let me ruin it} I often stall for days frightened to put the wrong colour or stitch on something even though with me I can take them out again. My cat sits for days with me deciding what colours to use. I'm really loving this lion.
Briony
x

wherethejourneytakesme said...

We have spent one or two New Years in Scotland at the cottage. The drinking at the pub up the lane starts early on New Year's eve and continues through the night and as you say NOTHING is open on New Year's day or the day after as we found when we couldn't get lunch one year travelling home until we hit England and a service station on the M6.
The lion is a great ending to the work you ave done through 2018 or maybe a good beginning to 2019 - I am sure you will finish it expertly.

Mary said...

Loving the lion. too.