Friday 28 December 2018

Friday.

Washed head to toe.  With Christmas and then New Year I have arranged for my carer to avoid both, so its a week between washes at the moment.  My carer worked Christmas Day but would have had a gap from me.  She is off New Years Day, so ditto.  

I have been offered Respite care.  This is for the DP to have an away day.  There is one birding trip he really wants to do in March.  He would have to set off very early as its meeting at 7.30 a.m.  in the hope they see a Lek of Black Grouse.  At Cabrach and Clashindarroch Forest.  Where also Wild cats also live.  It is quite a long way away.  For me this would entail a carer putting on my compression stocking!  I can't do it.  Possibly doing my breakfast.  I can do that  I think.... So something to plan nearer the date.  Wonderful that we have been offered this.

So - stockinged and booted, another thing I struggle with, I was off to the Prom.




Back to it being cold, though not too bad.  Also windy, though not too bad.  The number of people and dogs were too bad.  Throwing balls for the dogs towards the birds.  Just managed to get photos before they were chased off.







I so love Oystercatchers.

A very short walk and back home again.  Got my vitamin Sea and a Sanity burst.



The lion is almost finished.  As he was still wet and I wanted to carry on I began another painting.



Scottish Wild Cats.  Well hopefully.

Anyone else watching The ABC Murders?  

As an ace fan of Agatha Christie and once owned  every book she ever wrote, then I had a child who was an avid follower so a lot of the books disappeared !  

Also watched the depiction of same on the tele.  David Suchet was Hercule Poirot. 

This interpretation, although fairly true to the plot is very dark.  John Malkovich is Hercule Poirot.  Hmm.  Just seen the second episode - we tape programmes.  To my surprise I am actually now enjoying this interpretation.  

Looking forward to tomorrow, third and last episode of the ABC Murders.  Still windy forecast.  Sod it.


7 comments:

Chris said...

You have done a brilliant job of the lion - who is it for? Hope things work out for the respite care.

Joan (Devon) said...

I love the painting of the lion and think it's one of the best things you've done.

I've been watching the ABC Murders and like you have read all of them, although I can never remember who did any of the murders, lol. We've just watched the third one tonight and I wasn't too keen on this interpretation, don't know why I carried on watching really.

Hope the respite care works out for you and the DP, sounds ideal.

Penny said...

Loving that lion. I wonder if your oyster catchers are the same as ours. We have both sooty and pied who look very like yours. I love them.

Mollysmum said...

wonderful painting, are you going to have some cards made? Good news also that you will be able to access respite care. As for missing some days with your career who washes you, would you be able to put a plastic chair in your shower recess which may make it easier for you to wash yourself?

Grammy Braxton said...

That lion is lovely. I've enjoyed watching him come to life. Happy New Year!
Hugs, Sharon

BethB from Indiana said...

I think the lion is one of your best. Outstanding work!

I can put my compression stocking on, but I can't take it off due to rods in my back that make it impossible to bend over that far. I hate this!

Bovey Belle said...

I love the lion too. He looks like he will really ROAR any minute!

What good news about the Respite care so your husband can have that marvellous day away - what a fabulous location and hopeful sightings.

I've missed the ABC Murders, but not my husband's cup of tea, sadly, so may not get to watch them unless up in middle of night! Which is happening ever since I rashly announced I was sleeping really well!!