Monday 29 October 2012

Normal Service is Resumed.

Well now the clocks have gone back the DP is back on patrol.  He has been out for his early morning walk, but wearing his flashing arm bands did not make it light enough for any photographing.


Having a wind from the North he shot off to the harbour, sheltered in the Four Corners, mentioned in a previous post, he was able to catch these images of the waves.


Our fishermen  are so brave, this one looks as if the boat is being well propelled back into the harbour.


On shore is this Herring Gull, a juvenile, but he has learnt how to do the hokey cokey.  
"You put your left leg here, your right leg there, you do the hokey cokey ...


Could it be?


Yes, a worm, success!



A Curlew does not need to jig about.
Not with that beak.  Altho he might say, in out, shake it all about. (sorry).




The Robin has the right idea.  He follows the DP into the garage, watches him fill up the bird feeders, while sitting on the lawn mower, and then follows him out, to be served breakfast.



Normality for me too, getting my perspectives slightly better?
Buchaness Lighthouse.  Just look at them rocks, (amazing what you can do with a credit card.)


And finally my favourite lighthouse, Rattray, as dawn breaks.  

Both now framed and ready to be hung for my first solo exhibition at the Lighthouse Museum Cafe on Thursday.

Not normality - madness.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Those photos are so dramatic!

I LOVE LIGHTHOUSES. I am so glad to have found your blog.

Your pictures are beautiful too. Good luck with your exhibition.

Sft x

Anonymous said...

Wow a solo exhibition! Good for you, Jill. Will it still be there in 3 weeks' time? Your paintings are so beautiful.

The hokey cokey line reminded me of one of my daughter's (and now mine) favourite jokes: "I used to be addicted to the Hokey Cokey, but I've turned myself around - and that's what it's all about!" Well, it makes me laugh anyway!

BadPenny said...

What incredinle photos - those waves ! and the bird life so lovely. Clever little Robin.
Those rocks are blimming amazing !

Susan T said...

Jill you have surpassed yourself, what rocks! and a solo exhibition too. I love the photographs I will share them with my husband he loves the natural world.

Annie Cholewa said...

Jill your lighthouse pics are wonderful, I'm sure your exhibition will be a huge success :D