Tuesday 9 July 2019

The Terrible Twos.

Our youngest grandson is two and a bit.  At dinner time he and I had a face off.  That stare from him was enough to have me pushing up daisies.  But I won.  No pudding til he had eaten one more spoonful of his pasta.  Ok it took a very long half an hour to win the victory but win I did.

Both the DP and I are exhausted!  The DP went off with the daughter and three offspring to the local Prison Museum.  I kid you not.  Peterhead Prison was closed and a mega large super prison replaced it.  So it was transformed by a local businessman into a museum. It is not disabled friendly.  Lots of walking and steps which is why I didnt go.




Great ideas in the gift shop.  I want one!

On their return our daughter and two eldest finished planting out our hedge plants!  The DP had done most of the 98 but there was still a gap.  Thrilled.  

Then the two elder came and did some art work in the Shedudio with me.  The eldest did a fantastic painting of the prison, sadly I have not got a photograph of that.  But will get one before they go.  Middle grandson and I were doing dinosaurs.  He did a Tyrannosaurus.  I did a Triceratops.  On a card for my grandson, not present, but his birthday is on Saturday and like most of them he is a Dinosaur fanatic.




Mine needs a bit more pen to do the wrinkles on his skin.  Possibly some shadows where his feet land.  But I was quite pleased to be painting again.

While they were all off at the Prison I visited the Prom.  It has rained all day and is still at it, though there were breaks which allowed the hedge planting.  It rained while I was at the Prom.  But I got out.




Three Blackheaded Gulls as wet as me.



The wet Prom with Tiger Hill in the background.  Not many others around as daft or determined as me.

The family are back to Edinburgh tomorrow.  I would like to collapse in a heap but the exhibition at the weekend looms and I have loads of typing, printing and laminating to do.  The DP has got all the banners up and road side signs he has made are up.  Of course I still have a replacement car to buy, although thankfully the current one is still behaving.

Also I have to wrap up and label my entries to the exhibition and fill in the entry forms. Oh I have to print them off first and for the DP.  And so it goes on.  

DP and me = the Terrible Twos.

3 comments:

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

I am amazed at all you do and have just done! But isn't it wonderful to have those grandchildren around! (Yes, it is.) You will rest well when they leave.

mamasmercantile said...

Loved the hat, such fun. How wonderful to have children around to paint with, a real pleasure. Don't overdue things.

Gail, northern California said...

I agree; they should have brought home one of those hats for you, Jill.