Wednesday 24 July 2019

The fraud squad.

Before I get on to the Fraud Squad.  We had a thunder storm this morning, so early it didnt register with me.  But the DP told me it had happened.  As far as I was concerned it is still now very hot, possibly not so humid now at half past 9 but has been very uncomfortable.

I took myself off to the Prom.  A farewell drive to my wee Fiat.


Another hot day.


But not as many people.


The Gull Gang out at sea though.


There is a Haar looming.


 Can you see it on the horizon waiting to roll in?


An abandoned umberella.  Someone commented re the absence of parasols.  We dont do parasols up here.  Neither on the patios or the beaches.  Way too windy.  Even when it is warm there is always a wind.  And most that have been obtained end up here in the North sea.  I posted this photo on New Fraserburgh photos and it was claimed.  The owner said her wee son was devastated to lose it, but it was too dangerous to get it back.  Hmm.  A chance of getting wet feet is now dangerous. What a world we live in.

So the Fraud Squad.  Had a phone call from allegedly the Smile bank.  Who are always telling me they never phone me, all done on the internet.  So I phoned them back.  Got in a queue.  I also googled the number and was told it was a scam number by Google.  By this time I was about to have a nervous breakdown.  Eventually I spoke to a human being who explained everything and it was down to the large amount being taken out of my account to buy the car.  So while I am very grateful for them looking after my finances I could have done without the stress of establishing that as a fact and that it was them.  The money has gone.  Insurance in place.  Collecting car tomorrow.

So lets have a look at tonight's sunset.




And breathe.




3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Another beautiful sunset. Exciting times enjoy the new car.

Jules said...

Some gorgeous colour in your photographs. That sunset is simply glorious.
I hope all goes well with the car collection and that the day is easier for you. X

BethB from Indiana said...

Absolutely gorgeous sunset pictures.