Thursday 25 July 2019

High spec - not me the car.

The DP and I went to swap cars today.  Bye bye much beloved Fiat.  Can you believe the Fiat Punto is now discontinued?  So I now have a Kia Titanium edition.

The steering wheel was adjusted and the seat highered.  I can now see the windscreen in full.  Most of the dashboard thingies were explained.  When I turn the engine on the doors lock.  Spookie.  But no-one can throw themselves out. Also I have a button to press so no one can enter the car and kidnap me.  Hmm.

We got back safely and went on to the Prom.



The registration - the DP says its 'For Mums only' !  S is for Scotland and 19 is the year.  This is going to be the first car registration I will be able to remember!


Shanty Town!



Many people enjoying the water.

I had to reverse out of the parking space.  On the screen wherein is the radio and what is playing appeared a picture of what I was reversing into.  Goodness me.  How have I managed all these years without a rear view camera...... but I have.

The car also has air conditioning.  Whats wrong with opening the window?  There was a lengthy explanation from the DP.  But I still opened the window.

Anyway I found the car comfortable.  A pleasure to drive.  I cannot fault the help I had from the staff at the garage.  I get three free services.  18,000 miles or 12 months.  So it will be 12 months as my daily mileage is almost nil - 6 miles?   The DP is happy, the family are happy as Mum has a car that will be a while before bits start to drop off.  Or go wrong.  If they do I just have to phone the garage.  

So for your delectation, tonight's Sunset.



High Spec by Nature.  Ace.




6 comments:

Thickethouse.wordpress said...

Your new car sounds great. I hope you have years of enjoying it!

Jean said...

My, how the Kia Picanto has changed since I got mine through "scrappage" nine years ago. Yours sounds very flash tech wise. However, when I got mine I was given a list of registration numbers to choose from. Luckily I was able to choose one with the three initials of my name. No chance of forgetting that. When my husband got the Kia Sorrento he was able to choose his own registration too.

Patty said...

Your new wheels look fantastic! You will enjoy having a new vehicle-less worry!
Your sunsets in Scotland are amazing! It must be magnificent to have it right there before your eyes! Where I live in the city too many buildings and trees are in the way.

mamasmercantile said...

I am thrilled that you have sorted out the new car, it must be a relief for you all. I couldn't believe the amount of people/wind breaks on the beach I laughed at your comment about a shanty town. Beautiful sunset.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Pleased to hear you won't get kidnapped on your way to the prom!
Those sunsets are amazing. I tried for photos of the lightning last night - hopeless

Born and Bred said...

Your Picanto looks absolutely fantastic. I recently disposed of my 18 years old car and replaced it with a Computer that has an engine and four wheels. It is a Mazda CX3.