Tuesday 2 July 2019

The old banger made it to the Prom.

That was me and the car.

Thanks to all for their advice re the leasing or otherwise.  We have decided that I should buy a new car.  Obviously not a cash sale as I prefer, but no way do we have all those thousands in the bank required for a new car.  But a new car should be stress free.  I should not have said that.... but.  So possibly a Kia as there are great offers on such a purchase.  Good trade in for the current car, not much of a deposit required and the monthly payment is less than leasing.  Still get repairs under warranty etc.  So investigate more thoroughly at the weekend.  Main point being at 4 feet 10 can I see out of the windscreen.  My current car has adjustable seat and steering wheel.

So today the Fiat drove effortlessly to the Prom.  Of course it did.  


Walked to the railings.


High tide.

Two surfers.


Black Headed Gull.  Although it does have a lot of black on its neck.


And then it rained. Heavily.

Back in the shedudio I prepped some canvases.


I WILL paint tomorrow.


Through the window I espied a Red Admiral Butterfly.


The DP was off this morning to see a rare bird.  Not far from us.  This is a juvenile Bald Ibis.  Native to Syria, Morocco and being reintroduced to Spain.  However after some investigation this one turned out to be an escapee from Edinburgh Zoo !!!!!!!!!!!!  And they want it back.  So if anyone sees it phone Edwin.  I have his number.

Weather report.  Breezy with some ninja showers.  We have the woodburner lit as a tad chilly for July.  

I had my full on wash body and hair, moisturised and dressed.  

Nae a bad day.  Hope yours has been the same.


8 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

I bet th DP was disappointed to find the juvenile Bald Ibis was a Zoo Escapee!

Glad you have decided about the replacement car. We need our wheels, living 10 miles from town and 3 from the nearest shop!

Sorry you got rained on at the Prom. Perhaps better than being roasted though. We've had a lovely day here.

crafty cat corner said...

After a messy weekend we had a lovely day today. Like yourselves its hard to come to terms with these horrible diseases and sometimes we have a meltdown, but after a lot of talking we turn another corner and once again are getting on with it.
Makes sense to me to get a new car, we opted for a second hand one that looked wonderful with good history etc but ended up costing us quite a bit to put right.
So hot down here on south coast we are both melting.
Briony
x

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Getting a reliable car is a difficult task but buying new I think is sensible. I don't think the escapee will make it down this far but will look out for him!!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Good news y'all are buying new. There's a lot less stress headaches with a new car. Neat photos. I'd rather see the bird living free than in a zoo, unless it needs special care. I wish there's a law that when a healthy captured bird that can survive in Nature, flies away, then it should stay free.

Jean. said...

Didn't like to comment before as I know nothing much about leasing, but it didn't sound a good thing from what I do know. What did spring to mind was my own Kia Picanto bought new in 2010 with the bonus of the Gordon Brown scrapage system. It's ideal for my needs, and we have the big car for pulling the caravan. The boot is small though, compared to my previous vehicle. I think I saw something about a Kia scrapage deal on line if that is still on offer. By the way, this is not a paid promotion, just a note to say that since you mentioned Kia, I'm happy with my little run-around, (boot aside.)

Jean said...

Oops, sorry, two p's in scrappage !

mamasmercantile said...

We have had to light the multi fuel burner too, its been quite chilly. Glad you have made a decision about replacing your car, not something we can do without.

Mary said...

Not sure if Kia's have the feature, but my Subaru Outback has a button I can press to lift/lower the driver's seat height. Also, I can adjust the steering wheel to go in and out and up and down so that it doesn't just stay at one level. I only wish it also has a feature of our large US Ford pickup truck which has a button on the dash to adjust the foot pedals and bring them nearer so that you don't have to sit so close to the steering wheel if you are short. Good luck finding something that works for you.