Tuesday 23 July 2019

Hotter.

Had my refreshing all over wash and hair this morning by the carer.  But as the day progressed more heat and humidity and less breathing.  Every window and door open.  

After lunch we went to the Prom as usual.  Well of course the weather had brought out the sun worshippers.  We struggled to find a parking space.



Just as it was in its hey day.  Good for the town.  The visitors.  It was so noisy!



Lovely sailing boat.



Small boat.




Other parts of the beach with not quite so many people crammed together.



The Gull Gang being very brave being on the beach with all the people.  Who were making more noise than any Gull could do.

We came home.  I went down to the Shedudio.  But with every window and both doors open it was still unbearably hot.  Even stripped to me vest.  So I returned to the house.

Our friends, also keen bird watchers, are thrilled as they have a pair of Barn Owls in their garden.  They provide a box but its been some years since they had such birds.  Too late to be in the breeding mode but they are there.  They invited the DP to come and photograph them.  Then of course the birds did not want to play.  So we ended up having a take away Chinese for tea as the DP had been waiting for the summons to go view!  There will be another time.  Its probably too hot for the Owls too and their prey, voles, will all be pre-cooked by now!

I have been sorting my car insurance out.  I have to pay a little bit more, I had just renewed the car insurance on my current car.  Not a lot so its fine.  Tomorrow I should get to know the new car registration number and then I have to pay for the car.  Well you can't take it with you can you.  Again not much for peace of mind.  The garage pay for the tax so I expect it will not be for a year!  I shall feel better once its all sorted. 

Tomorrow the weather will be much the same as today.  All paying out I shall do as a bank transfer as I very much doubt I will be going anywhere.

Stay cool my friends.

4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Not as hot here only reaching 19 degrees, and with a slight breeze so doesn't feel as hot. There are a lot of visitors here too, cyclists and campers in abundance which makes driving a little nerve racking.

Mollysmum said...

As I don't see any sun umbrellas on the beach I was wondering if many of the beach goers suffer with sunburn. the sun can be very strong and it's mainly when you go home that you notice how red you are.

Anonymous said...

I live in the southern interior of British Columbia, Canada in the Okanagan Valley and temperatures in the summer regularly go over 30C. The humidity is quite low so it seems more bearable than a place with higher humidity as in Ontario and in Scotland where you live. I don’t use A/C like most people out here but during the day I keep all my windows and doors closed with the blinds drawn on the windows facing into the sun. I open all the windows as soon as it is cooler outside than inside the house in the evening and keep them open until the next morning when it begins to warm up again. My house usually stays about 5 to10 degrees cooler inside than outside. Of course I do have fans going all the time too.
I enjoy reading your blog and I don’t usually comment on blogs because I don’t have a blog myself or belong to google or Facebook and I don’t like giving advice but I thought this might help. I’m not sure this method would work as well with your high humidity but maybe it might help a bit.
Ruth

Sue in Suffolk said...

So different to see all those people on Your beach!