Wednesday 3 July 2019

Strange day,

Just one of those days.  The DP's car was into the garage for service and MOT. Which meant he was using mine.  I was anxious my car did not throw a wobbly as what would we do then.  But it didnt.  So I made it to the Prom.


Walked to the railings.


As it was high tide it was nice to see the Gull Gang in front of me.


Skurries. aka Herring Gulls.


Blackheaded Gulls.


A one to one Surfing lesson.  The chap on the right was the learner.  I really felt for him as he was obviously no good at all.  But I am sure he will be one day, but not today.


Not a lot else to see.  So I came home.  

My friend and fellow artist came so I did no painting.  I cannot multitask any more.

Later this bird appeared which the DP said was a Hybrid.  Due its part grey colouring.  You learn something every day.




This part of Scotland is known, apparently for these and the Hooded Crow.  So there you go.  

Car hunt commences at the weekend.

5 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Happy Car Hunt! It will be fun to see what model you select.
Speaking if crows, tidsy I saw the largest crows I recall seeing. Methinks they might be ravens. At first they looked like sculptures on the garden boulder, until I saw them move. Body wise, nearly the size of an American tackle football.

wherethejourneytakesme said...

Happy car hunting!

Jean said...

The first photograph caught my eye. It captured that wave so well that I can almost hear it start to crash over. The sound and smell of the sea, ah ! Wonderful.

mamasmercantile said...

As always a joy to take a stroll with you from my chair and admire the goings on at the prom.

crafty cat corner said...

I have seen these crows with white markings down here, wondered what it was.
Briony
x