Monday 29 July 2019

A small Achievement.

My first solo drive in the new Kia car.  Its not just about driving the car, I could do that with my eyes closed, but I wouldnt do that!  Its the physical effort to put the chariot into and out of the car.  But all done today.  I also managed a short walk.


A lot less people.  Although there were more dog walkers.


A lot of the Gulls were in the pools created by the sea as the tide turned.


Mainly Blackheaded Gulls here.  Young ones too.


Skurries/Herring Gulls on the rocks by the caravan park.


Back home.  I noticed our new Buddlea was flowering/struggling through the Yellow Loosestrife.  Hmm.  Yet more judicious clearing required.




This evening.  Well no amazing sunset.  The Haar descended and is still there.  I will just have another glass of wine and say goodnight.


2 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Glad you managed your walk, always a joy to stroll with you and see the gull gang. Disappointing evening although the mist does make for an interesting photo.

barbara said...

I will try to comment . I love to read your blog as I am also a birder . I live in Pennsylvania in the USA .
Love your photos as your country is a fascination to me . And I saw the photos of the Barn Owls .
Wow !!! I have only ever seen a couple Barn Owls . Many years ago . I have been birding since 1975 or around there .
I think they must be endangered here .

Thank you for your blog and hope you keep finding interesting birds !

Sincerely , Barbara Huffman email : shuffman1340@comcast.net