Friday 12 July 2019

Exhibition set up.

Today was setting up and displaying all the entered work.  I was at home glowering at the weather outside.  Mist, rain, cool.  Yeuk.  My carer came at 10 and hosed me down.


Three Canvases.


And the big boys.


6 Crafters setting up their tables.







All these are upstairs.  You can see the refreshment area to the right here.

Downstairs are the Crafters and the Guest Artist and Photographer.  Throughout the hall the Community Challenge efforts are displayed.  

My printer kept telling me it was out of ink even though I had replaced all the inks.  So a panic order to Argos and I now have a new printer to set up.  The printer is a Canon and cost £29.99.  The inks cost £39.99.  This does not make sense.  

I have not been out today.  So I have withdrawal symptoms.


This photograph was taken by my friend James Alexander. Which perfectly illustrates why I have not been out today.  Misty, wet and cold.  I had the stove lit in the shedudio.  And the woodburner in the sitting room is now lit.





The wet garden and birds this evening.  We had a Chinese takeaway as the DP had been at Dalrymple Hall all day.

Tomorrow is open to public day. Also Sunday.  And then its all over.  And breathe.  And then start looking for a new car.  There is always something.


5 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

"And breathe" - just what I was going to say. It all looks very professional and some lovely art work there (not least of all yours Jill). I hope folk get some sales, but judging by what's happening with our Antiques, don't hold your breath! (sorry, pun not intended!!)

I think your shedudio was the best place to be - we are overcast here, but as long as it doesn't rain as we have our son coming to do some outside jobs (up-a-ladder ones included) so we need it dry.

Sue in Suffolk said...

All looking very good but that giant cat picture is a bit spooky!

mamasmercantile said...

It doesn't make sense that the ink is more expensive than a new machine, but that is exactly what we did last time we needed more ink. Hope you have a wonderful time at the exhibition. I do so wish I could attend. Misty here too.

Jules said...

It's looking good. I hope it all goes smoothly. X

crafty cat corner said...

I always used to buy my in on Ebay, a whole load for pennies but my new printer will not accept them and so I am forced to buy expensive ink, what a take on ! I get so annoyed at things like this, or is it just me?
Briony
x