Tuesday 18 June 2019

Tuesday

Is the day my carer comes to clean and moisturise me from head to toe.  Phone call to say running late due to staff sickness.  So instead of 10 a.m. it was after 11.  I am only little so all done in half an hour.  Hope they are sorted by Sunday as I have booked a respite carer so the DP can have an off day.  So someone will be getting me my breakfast and then my lunch.  Fingers crossed.

After lunch I made it to the Prom.


Our beautiful bay.


High tide.


Just look at that clear clean sea.  No wonder we have an award this year again.  


Lots of lovely lobsters.  We have quite a few fish shops in Fraserburgh.  Can't get fresher fish, lobsters, crabs and scallops.  And more.  We also have restaurants - many - that prepare for our delectation.  Lucky.  Pity restaurants are full of people with infections so I cant go.....  

I made it to the railings and breathed.  Been a nice day.  Some rain but managed to avoid getting wet.





This evening I watched this young Goldfinch eating Nyga seeds placed by the DP on our teasels.  I have now engendered a debate on whether this is learned behaviour or instinctive on the North East Scotland Wildlife Facebook page.  Apparently it is instinctive after research on Weaver birds who were isolated from their peers and still wove!  Stuff you learn on facebook.  That's why I do it.

Now waiting for the sun to set - 20 to 10.  So here is last nights.


Land of the Big Sky.

Goodnight.



6 comments:

Bovey Belle said...

Lovely Goldfinch photos. Yesterday I managed to get one of a just-fledged Black Cap baby in our Damson tree.

Glad it kept dry whilst you were getting your sea air. I ended up gardening in the rain this afternoon as I wanted to finish one area.

My husband always said that the nearer you are to the sea, the fresher the fish you eat. Scarborough was always great for good fish when we camped there when the kids were small.

crafty cat corner said...

Nature never ceases to amaze me. Lovely pics of goldfinch.
Briony
x

mamasmercantile said...

Such beautiful photos of the finch and the sunset is amazing, glorious.

Jules said...

Would it be worth telephoning the care company with regards to Sunday, just to put your mind at ease. Remind them you will be on your own that day. Often (for obvious reasons) priority is given to those on their own when they are short staffed.
Gorgeous photographs and another glorious sunset. X

Anonymous said...

You made me smile when you said you’re only little lol, you are a tiny one. That goldfinch would make a beauty of a painting!

Rosie said...

You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful area, with such fresh fish and clean seas. I fear for our next generation if we don't do more to solve the problems. I hope you have a lovely day.