Thursday 6 June 2019

Mixed bag.

Went to the Prom and didnt get wet!


But just look at those clouds.  We had rain at home all morning.


The tide was coming in.


The beach actually goes round the bay on the right hand side.


Past the Waters of Philorth which is a local nature reserve.  Which I pass on my way home.


And on.  Fitter people often walk this way.  But the chariot doesn't do sand.


Where I lean over the railings birds fly past and I have been trying to catch them with the camera.  Today I managed this.


Back home and in the Shedudio.  I am almost finished with the Puffins.  Just some grass to add.  Then a bit of tweaking and it will be done.  Did you know the yellow blobs at the side of their beaks light up in the dark!  When feeding their young in the burrows the young can see them coming and knows their beak is with the food.  Nature is amazing!  



Very pleased that the Geraniums have over wintered with me extremely well.  Now I have to work out how I am to pot them on and move outside.  Logistics are beyond me at the moment.  Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.....


Our potted Christmas tree has seed scattered over it.  So we have a tree full of real bird ornaments!


Mr Woodpecker.  Red nape.


Mrs Woodpecker without red nape.  They all have red abdomens.


And still the Starlings.  Emptying all the feeders.  


Not quite there yet - to sunset.  But still beautiful.  

So, todays mixed bag has been a pleasurable one.

6 comments:

Chris said...

My over-wintered geraniums rarely flower indoors and take forever to develop flowers once they go outside. The puffin picture is looking very good.

Jules said...

It's always good to get out and if you can avoid the rain, even better.
I love what you did with the Christmas tree - what a great idea. I'd try it myself but I'd be worried Mog would sit in wait. 🐱 X

Sue in Suffolk said...

The low cloud in that first picture looks as if its just sitting on top of the buildings.
Love the Puffin fact - had no idea they glowed in the dark!

and your Puffin painting is looking good

crafty cat corner said...

I've learnt something there, I didn't know about the lighting up bits on the Puffins but makes sense. Nature continues to amaze me every day.
Briony
x

Bovey Belle said...

Ah, you've been watching Springwatch too! (e.g. Puffin bit)

LOVE your Puffin painting. Clever you are.

I don't feed my wild birds through the summer as there is plenty about the place for them, but in winter I love to see them and know that I am keeping them going when times are tough foodwise.

Your geraniums look gorgeous. I hope your man can be persuaded to do the potting on into outdoor areas for you.

mamasmercantile said...

The puffin painting is a real delight, stunning. I also loved the birds on the tree and your comment, made me smile.